Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Not sure what to sugest here. The more experienced players could jump in a rubbish plane and get fed up when another experienced player doesn't follow suit and romps the match. Or the experienced players could ease off but that's dangerous when there is a tournament coming up. All too easy to get out of the killer mindset.
I don't think there is anything but to bear with it and get better. I don't see Manchester United selling their best player to give other teams a chance...oh hang on.
No but seriously best bet is to get in Strike where it's a bit more open. Once you get to grips it will improve.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
Hey Winny.

My online ID is kavorland, yes.
Add me, winny1973. I'll fly with you.

Not everyone's unfair, out of the 4 TB's I played last night I ended up flying off on my own in 2 of them, because of them being complete mismatches (my team being the better one). I get no satisfaction from repeatedly killing someone who is obviously new.. I usually try and go for the top scorer on the opposing team, but if you fixate on one player for too long you're not gonna last long, especially if the other team know what they are doing.

This happens in all modes of the game (despite what others have said)

I was playing a TB, Realistic, 4v4 and my wingman quit about 4 mins into a 20 min match. I stayed and ended up getting killed 25 times and not managing a single kill (was against oceanx and drkdeath tho). I used it to try and work out what works and what doesn't.

I've also had my ass handed to me on lots of occasions in sim..

There are players like Edal on sim who'll at least let you have a go without constantly shooting you down, I had a good game against him a few days ago I was in a spit and he was in a mustang. It finished 2 each but I could see that at times he was struggling to keep the P-51 from spining and I appreciated that it would have been very easy for him to pick a better plane and rack up some leaderboard points.

Last edited by winny; 12-16-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added bit about Edal.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

Greetings winny1973 and thanks, I´ll add you.

I mostly fly in arcade mode, but will join Realistic on occasion.
Just trying not to make my learning curve to steep.
I also concider buying a headset to better be able to communicate and have better trainingsessions online.

Dkwookie:
One night I´ll be Aston Villa ref 12.12.2009
Old 12-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAV View Post
Dkwookie:
One night I´ll be Aston Villa ref 12.12.2009
You can go off people you know.. The worst thing about that was it was my Birthday.. Aston effin villa...
Old 12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
You can go off people you know.. The worst thing about that was it was my Birthday.. Aston effin villa...
Could have been worse... you could have lost 1 - 0 to Wolves at home
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Well I think I will be out of team battles for a while after the incident with Olife last night. That was pretty mad match and wasnt much fun head on attacking for 20 minutes.
I will play Strike and leave the TB skies clear
Old 12-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post

* add me PSN = edal86. I will be your personal trainer Im thinking about creating an Edal's Flight School for beginners
Where can I sign up for this service?? I'm in
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Well I think I will be out of team battles for a while after the incident with Olife last night. That was pretty mad match and wasnt much fun head on attacking for 20 minutes.
Always some rotten games, but hey dont leave us, got some payback todo
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
...I usually try and go for the top scorer on the opposing team.
LOL I do that to - I don't care about target fixation. I'm usually out for blood at this point because he's shot me down loads. Plus, it benefits our team if I can get him because they're making less points.

Quote:
Let me guess - he was in the I-bloody-153?

I've been in a sim game, 2v2 where it was him in that and someone else in a P51. I was in an FW (I forget the model)... I was chasing the P51 at full speed - both are fast planes. We flew by the 153 and I thought I should be ok being that much faster, but no... After a good while of flying directly away from him he still managed to fireball me. So he's either an incredibly good shot at range, or the 153 is a lot faster than it should be.

I was gonna rant in the thread about that plane being cheap, but couldn't be bothered. It is still just as cheap in sim as it is in realistic.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The only person who I team up with is Dkwookie, If he's in a room them we're together (don't leave me!), otherwise I'm fairly social.

That was crazy! Actually I'm online friends with both or you and I felt a bit awkward.. It was olife- killed by dkwookie, dkwookie crashed, dkwookie killed by olife-, olife- crashed for 20 mins solid.. it was 20+ kills each by the end of it. If it happens again I'll back you up. I just stayed right out of it.

I understand it coz I've got a few unwritten rules that I usually stick by..

If you're in a 153, I'm going to kill you as many times as I can.
If you're using rockets in a DF or TB, I'm going to be killing you too. (olife had rockets)
Bombers in TB or DF.. Sorry but that's like a red rag to a bull.