Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Default How to get sandbags straight?

Hello All

Can someone please tell me, while playing the game, how to get the direction of the sandbags right?
I click on the shovel icon and click on the dirt but I never know in what direction the sandbags will wind up.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_P View Post
Hello All

Can someone please tell me, while playing the game, how to get the direction of the sandbags right?
I click on the shovel icon and click on the dirt but I never know in what direction the sandbags will wind up.
Click and hold the RMB, then scroll right depending on how many you have, then pivot around till you get it where you want it then let go. I believe it's just like laying mines.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Ah! Nowhere in the manual does it tell you. I did find out by accident the it works if you are facing the enemy and place the solder, then click to his left or right, but it's not always 100% correct.

I found the bushes in the sniper's inventory too. I never used them because I figured they were part of his uniform.

We should make a tips place for new players. The game is now so cheap on Steam that anyone can purchase it for a few dollars.

I'm trying to learn how to script the players to create a movie. I bet it can be done but again, there's no info on it.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Approved Member

To: Gary_P

You should have Google it first as I have already done It a long time ago as well as men of war movie short and I'm not the only one.

Hints and Tips: http://www.youtube.com/user/blackwol.../4/z-w3DjTBS90
Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Hi SpeedWolf. I have that movie in my collection, as well as others you have done. Thank you!
(FireFox has a grab addon for youtube)
This way I can re-watch them and I don't have to be on line.
I'm also subscribed to your channel.

But what I was having trouble with was the direction of the bags.
What I learned from messing around was they always go in the direction away from the unit.
You clicked to the left of the soldier, which placed the bags. That's what gave me the clue.
So you use 5 soldiers and get 5 bags.

And yes it has been a long time, but I've only been playing it for about 3 months. It looked good because of the editor. I think I spent more time there then playing the game.