Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 12-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Hi im new! mary here! questions

Hi im marybiggles
a couple of questions my love

a / first of all very often when i double click my players to run, they dont run they go real slowly, ill double click again and they still go really sluggishly

b/ my tanks have two kinda of missles ap and he? or something, whats the difference.

c/ why do my flamethrowers after a time stop throwing flames

d/ the `punch` icon (mele) is mising from the control bar, i know the f7 shortcut to it but how do i re-add it

e/ when i have selected two players to go a different way. how do i deselect them so i can select new players, i tend to find if i send players one way, and then click on a new set of players, i tend to just find the previously selected players heading in the direction of the new players, its really confusing and so much harder than say company of heroes, which is so straight forward when directing men or vehicles.

f/ sometimes tanks stop firing, does this mean they are out of ammo? if so how do i restock, (same question for flame throwers)

anyway im happy to be here and i hope people can answer my questions

love from mary
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

well?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Edit:

Replied on wrong forum sorry

Last edited by BGs_Ricky; 12-22-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybiggles View Post
a / first of all very often when i double click my players to run, they dont run they go real slowly, ill double click again and they still go really sluggishly
Happens now and then. Just double-click again and it should work.

Quote:
b/ my tanks have two kinda of missles ap and he? or something, whats the difference.
AP = Armor Piercing, ie. these rounds are highly effective against armored vehicles, less effective against everything else, and almost worthless against infantry.

HE = High Explosive. Very effective against unarmored/softskinned vehicles, cannons and unprotected infantry. Only to be used against armored vehicles if you are out of AP rounds.

Quote:
c/ why do my flamethrowers after a time stop throwing flames
Your flamethrower guys do run out of fuel for their flamethrowers after a while. To refuel it, place the flamethrower tank in their hands and then move the cursor over a vehicle. When the cursor changes into a siphon, click and the guy walks over to the vehicle and refuels his flamethrower tank.

Quote:
d/ the `punch` icon (mele) is mising from the control bar, i know the f7 shortcut to it but how do i re-add it
At the lower right of your screen, there is a square with lots of icons. There you can find the punch icon as well. Move your cursor over this icon, and then click and drag it to the control bar and it will reappear.

Quote:
e/ when i have selected two players to go a different way. how do i deselect them so i can select new players, i tend to find if i send players one way, and then click on a new set of players, i tend to just find the previously selected players heading in the direction of the new players, its really confusing and so much harder than say company of heroes, which is so straight forward when directing men or vehicles.
Left-Click on any other guy and you have picked him and can send him out in a different direction.

Quote:
f/ sometimes tanks stop firing, does this mean they are out of ammo? if so how do i restock, (same question for flame throwers)
Most likely yes. To re-arm, either call in a supply truck (multiplayer), steal ammunition from a wreck (must have the same calibre as your empty tank/cannon). To open up the trucks/the wrecks inventory, move your cursor over the wreck, when it changes into an eye, you can open up its inventory by left clicking. Please observe that you must have either one of your own vehicles, or a guy, chosen before you do this. If not, then the "Eye" icon wont appear.

All the above answers, can be found in the manual (which is to be found as an .PDF file on your DVD disc) or if you have bought it from Steam, in your Steam/Men of War folder.

~Zeke.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Another reason your men will go really slow and sluggishly is because just like in Real Life, they have stamina. If you look at the 2 bars below their picture, red is health, the blue is stamina, when it is empty they will run slowly. After they regen their stamina they will move quickly until it runs out again.

Before trying to select any other unit always make sure you left click and clear your selection box first. Also, if your selecting infantry and you pick another guy and move, you may at times find the whole squad moving...you must make sure he is not a Squad leader(Has yellow triangle under him). This will move the entire squad to the Squad leader.

Last edited by KnightFandragon; 01-17-2012 at 08:59 PM.