Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 09-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Approved Member

Default AI Wingman

Hi, just wondering what people think about having AI wing men available for those of us not in a squad or the lack of players online. It would give us more targets and those without a RL wing man some chance against those who do.
Maybe only enable it when a server has only a few players online. Maybe it could be a newbie's handicap. In a bombing run it would be handy to have more air cover. I think it would be much more realistic because in RL pilots very rarely flew alone.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

I did try a mission in my Hurri with two AI wingmen asked to join me for a vic. Started on ground. Warmed-up my engine... And never seen them for the next 30min. At a time I heard a call on the radio for a landing permission. I was starting my journey back from France coast !

Maybe someone had more disciplined wingmen than me.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

Most servers use scripts to filter out AI aircraft for performance reasons.

The ones that are created by the server's sub-missions are ok, but bailing out of a plane, going back to the menu and spawning in a different one, or simply creating a group with AI wingmen in it usually results in the server scripts despawning them after a few seconds.

I guess it could be done by modifying the scripts a bit to allow players to create AI wingmen along with their own aircraft, but not so many that would bog down the server. For example, a limit could be set to having one AI wingman if flying fighters and 2 if flying bombers (to create a single vic formation).
Old 09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
I did try a mission in my Hurri with two AI wingmen asked to join me for a vic. Started on ground. Warmed-up my engine... And never seen them for the next 30min. At a time I heard a call on the radio for a landing permission. I was starting my journey back from France coast !

Maybe someone had more disciplined wingmen than me.
Sorry to hear that m8, but it sounds like they dumped you.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Yeah sound like they were Osprey and Wedge

Just kidding - no offense