Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

Default Il2 1946 on steam resolution issues.

The SAGA continues. I got IL2 FB ver 1.22 runnng fine. But as you know, it is just never enough. I wanted the full DOG AND PONY show. So, I tried to get a dwnload from UBI, but fo some reason it would not let me. SO I went to the STEAM darkside. The download went fine, but the below describes my new reason for wailing and gnashing of teeth. Any suggestions for the below?

I have downloaded 1946 and installed on a WINDOWS7 64 BIT system. When I launch the program either using the STEAM ICON or the Desktop icon;the program begins plays the intro and then takes me to the "MAIN MENU" tab. The problem is however, that the MAIN MENU screen is being presented at about 800x600, ADDITIONALLY, the MAIN MENU is OFF CENTER, so that you cannot see the right side of the MAIN MENU, (HARDWARE SET UP ETC) and the mouse CURSOR DISAPPEARS so that you can not recenter MAIN MENU or USE the mouse AT ALL.

This is really frustrating. I can not find any kind of set up folder that allows me to make any adjustments so that I can run this program. I am sure that the fix is a simple one, especially after reading so many posts on how well th program runs off STEAM in Windos 7.

MY SYSTEM SPECS:

INTEL I7 920@2.7GHZ, WIN7 HOME PREM. 64 BIT SVC PAK 1, NVIDIA GFORCE GTS 250X2.

Any IDEAS?

JGP
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

look for the file config.ini. this has your game settings for video, audio...etc. you will likely have to tweak a lot of these parameters to suit your needs.

for resolution look for this section:

[window]
width=1152
height=864
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=1
Use3Renders=0

there is a guide somewhere (like mission4today) that explains what all the settings do and what happens if you change the numbers (e.g., 0 to 1, etc.)

for the mouse i think these:

[rts]
ProcessAffinityMask=2 good idea to run on one core only
mouseUse=1
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
locale=
JoyProfile=3

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0

[MouseXYZ Config]
RealTime=1

Also, I recommend open/gl instead of direct x. Also, SLI, I don't think that works for this game. So that could be screwing up your video output if it isn't set right.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

actually it is called

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\conf.ini"

here's link to various setup guides at mission4today including one on conf.ini. there's also the old il2 ubisoft forums that will have lots of setup stuff.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ge_Base&cat=59
Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Thank you very much, Ill be home later this evening to try this. I hope it works.

Re. SLI IL2FBAEP works with the SLI enabled, and I have tried disenableing it for 1946, that did not mke a difference.

Ill keep my fingers crossed. I feel 42 again!

jgp
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Hey MadBlaster, I looked for the folder tha you referenced, but this particualr install is a STEAM download, that folder Is not in the UBI folders or the STEAM folders.

Is there something differen that has to be done if it is a STEAM download and install?

jgp
Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

oh yes. I'm on windows xp and not steam version.

try this. find the il2 icon on your desktop and do a right click, go to properties then look for the target location. you want to go to that location. I think il2 folder will reside within your steam directory??? but not sure. once you get to the il2 directory, you will see all the folders and files inside. sort that window by the 'type' column and then look for all the files of type 'configuration settings'. one of those files will be the conf.ini. open it, edit it as needed and save it. you might also get in the habit of making a back up copy of it so as you do your tweaking in due course, you have something to fall back to in case you mess up the current version.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Try program files/steam/steamapps/common/il2 sturmovik 1946
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

OK, Im in, finally found the folder. Thnx for the directions.

NOW, I have the mouse working, got rid of the intro, and have been playing with the WINDOWS adjustments. I have tried all sorts of combinations. In the end the best that I can get is my monitor from left to right about 80% covered.

When I select FULL SCREEN in the game menu I go back to square one. And everything goes to hell.

SHOULD, the WIDTH and HEIGHT in the CONFIG FILE match my desktop resolution? Or should it match the resolution that I am going to run the program in? I would like to run the program at 1600x1200 32 BIT, FULL SCREEN.

I seem to be at the point where I am chasing my tail.

You all have had great input up to now, is there some magical combination in the [window] config file that I am missing.

Thank you again.

JGP
Old 05-31-2012, 04:14 AM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Can you post the [window] section from your current conf.ini, or maybe the entire file?

Width and height entries are the resolution you use in game.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:20 AM
Approved Member

SURE,

[window]
width=1600
height=1200
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0