Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb PS3 Realistic 3 on 3 CTA Round-robin tourney

I am going to set up a little (or big) 3 on three CTA Round-robin Tourney. Seemed to be a great deal of interest in this type of play prior to the shutdown.

Guidlines as follows:

1) The event will be held on single airfield maps
2) Home team is host and will choose the map (any single airfield is acceptable).
3) 700 points/20 minute time limit/Limited Ammo and Fuel/15 second respawn
4) Weather will be Day and visibility poor (pretty sure that is just a good overcast setup).
5) No bombs (rockets are fine)
6) No bombers or rear firing (autogunners). The only exception will be the BF-110, which is a heavy fighter and quite harmless with the rear gunner.
7) Not a thing we can do about being kamakaze attacks. They will probably occur, but with this group they are more accidental than coincidental.
You will have two week periods to complete three scheduled matches.
9) If for whatever reason you are missing a player, the match can still be contested

If there is interest let me know who you will fly with and your time zone. I would like to set up two divisions based on that. Everyone will play everyone at some point. The final four by record (regardless of division) will meet in the finals. Champions of this tournament win nothing (I am poor), but get the satisfaction of beating what I hope will be a great field.

Please get your teams and preferred time zone to me by 10 June 1200 central standard time. If you cannot put a team together let me know and I will pair you up with someone. I will get a schedule out that weekend and we will get going (somewhere a hacker laughs).

I hope too see a bunch of you sign up, let me know.

Here are the commitments we have so far. I will start filling in the gaps as the week progresses.

Team/Players Time Zone

1) WalterNowotny,Trvrgunnings,Saintmora AKA AlarmStart CST/PST

2)Shikicon, JOED, WildBoar AKA Team Nova Scotia AST

3)piednor, MonsterHQ, IKURRINA AKA TheFrenchConnection MET

4)Gilly, Shadowcorp, DaveDog AKA Shatners Bassoon GMT

5) LongForLife, Lieutenantdan,GXR AKA TheHighFliers CST

6)RBADD67, RuffMonk, TrailierE [B]AKA TheEastCoasters EST

WalterKrupinski, Olife, WildBillKelso AKA The Internationals MET

9) MaverickandGoose, PappyBoyington, EasyD AKAFlyingTigersAVG PST

Let me know who to team you with as we go and I will update the listing. Note: If you are into the head tracking might be wise to fly with shiki (very interesting to listen in as he progresses with it.

[COLOR="Red"]The 3 on 3 CTA Round has officially begun.

We have nine teams entered and listed above. With consideration for all time zones I am allowing 5 weeks to complete a scheduled match against each foe. I will list a home and away team for each matchup. It will be the responisibility of the listed home team to make contact with the assigned away team and determine when they can compete. The home team will choose the single airfield the match will be contested on (weather will be poor regardless). I must be provided the final score (here in the thread is fine). Follow all the guidelines established and posted in this thread. Remember once we have played through the round robin the final four will playoff for the championship. If fourth place is a tie I will use the highest accumulated tally throughout the round robin as the tiebraker (that is very fair), That said the fewer of your 700 points lost will benifit your team. The winners of said round robin will have unilateral bragging rights, nothing more. Round robin must be completed no later than 1200 CST July 11th. The four team playoff will be scheduled at that point.

Home and Away Matchups will follow by 1200 CST Monday (no further entries will be added)

Early results will be posted here. Do not forget to include Total Points (winning team as it it death match). Please snap a photo and post results, I will updated them.

1)Match 2)Loaction..map used 3)Victor 4)Points Accumulated

[B]HERE IS WHERE WE ARE TO DATE BY POINTS]

1) FLYING TIGERS AVG 2 MATCHES 1343 PTS 2 MATCHES

2) ALARMSTART 1335 POINT 5 MATCHES

3) THE INTERNATIONALS 1038 POINTS 2 MATCHES

4) THE EASTCOASTERS PLAYOFF 2 MATCHES COMPLETE

5) THE FRENCH CONNECTION PLAYOFF 2 MATCHES COMPLETE

6) TEAM NOVASCOTIA 0 POINTS 1 MATCH COMPLETE

7) THE HIGH FLIERS 0 POINTS NO MATCHES COMPLETE

[COLOR="seagreen"]Get with your respective teammates and complete your remaining matches[. If you need to get an "at large player" to make the match, that is acceptable. Post your scores here as usual./COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Red"]THE SEMIFINALS ARE SET!!!!

Match one Alarmstart vs The Internationals

Match two Flying Tigers AVG vs The East Coasters

Winners meet in the championship match (hopefully complete Suday)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 on 3 schedule.JPG (127.1 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by grislawskijg52; 07-19-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: 800 point score not available in CTA
Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Hey Walter if I can find a couple of suckers to play I'll give it a shot. Late evenings in the Atlantic time zone are usually good for me.

StiC
Old 06-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grislawskijg52 View Post
I am going to set up a little (or big) 3 on three CTA Round-robin Tourney. Seemed to be a great deal of interest in this type of play prior to the shutdown.

Guidlines as follows:

1) The event will be held on single airfield maps (Excluding Manston, which is a little too big for three on three).
2) Home team is host and will choose the map.
3) 800 points/unlimited time/Limited Ammo and Fuel/
4) Weather will be Day and visibility poor (pretty sure that is just a good overcast setup.
5) No bombs (rockets are fine)
6) No bombers or rear firing (autogunners). The only exception will be the BF-110, which is a heavy fighter and quite harmless with the rear gunner.
7) Not a thing we can do about being kamakaze attacks. They will probably occur, but with this group they are more accidental than coincidental.
You will have two week periods to complete three scheduled matches.
9) If for whatever reason you are missing a player, the match can still be contested

If there is interest let me know who you will fly with and your time zone. I would like to set up two divisions based on that. Everyone will play everyone at some point. The final four by record (regardless of division) will meet in the finals. Champions of this tournament win nothing (I am poor), but get the satisfaction of beating what I hope will be a great field.

Please get your teams and preferred time zone to me by 10 June 1200 central standard time. If you cannot put a team together let me know and I will pair you up with someone. I will get a schedule out that weekend and we will get going (somewhere a hacker laughs).

I hope too see a bunch of you sign up, let me know.
Sorry but I think your game mode is flawed I am referring to rule number five. You should allow bombs and no rockets or no explosives at all. If you look at rule number three you can see that once you let those bombs go that's it no more, but rockets give you more then 2 shots most fighters drop two bombs at a time. The fun factor is in the fact that it is harder to bomb then to rocket. Rule number six also no rear gunner is no rear gunner. I am quite harmless in a b17 because I cant use the gunners and fly at the same time ( i use stick) does that mean I can use the b17? No exceptions should be made
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

nice one gris. looks like a great tournie. well done mate.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Those were guidlines not rules, we can finetune them as needed. Really I think the BF-110 would only represent a very vulnerable target (one burst from your 190) not a gamebreaker in CTA. Really the bomb/rocket issue = bombs can blow everyone right off the airfield if only lobbed in the general area. Rockets require a bit of accuracy. With your level of skill I really don't believe either would be more than a speed bump to you. I hope to see you field a team you are a great flier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBlackDeathQ View Post
Sorry but I think your game mode is flawed I am referring to rule number five. You should allow bombs and no rockets or no explosives at all. If you look at rule number three you can see that once you let those bombs go that's it no more, but rockets give you more then 2 shots most fighters drop two bombs at a time. The fun factor is in the fact that it is harder to bomb then to rocket. Rule number six also no rear gunner is no rear gunner. I am quite harmless in a b17 because I cant use the gunners and fly at the same time ( i use stick) does that mean I can use the b17? No exceptions should be made
Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grislawskijg52 View Post
Those were guidlines not rules, we can finetune them as needed. Really I think the BF-110 would only represent a very vulnerable target (one burst from your 190) not a gamebreaker in CTA. Really the bomb/rocket issue = bombs can blow everyone right off the airfield if only lobbed in the general area. Rockets require a bit of accuracy. With your level of skill I really don't believe either would be more than a speed bump to you. I hope to see you field a team you are a great flier.
That is true the kill radius for a bomb is bigger then that of a rocket but if you miss with rocket you have many more to shoot before you run dry. bombs are a diff story. You can do something like two players fly regular planes with no explosives and one guy flies the plane that does carry explosives
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Nice idea grislaw and I think you spot on with the no bomb rule. Bombs in cta are toys for the inept. Just as IL2Ms and IL10's are in dogfights and TB. Without it you'll get HE111's with 32x 150lbs, B17's with 1000lbs, P51's and P47's carrying 2000lbs. All of which pretty much guarantee death should you be on the ground (not even that to be honest as 1000lbs will blast pretty much 1/4 of the field when dropped). Similarly rear gunners provide an advantage for the inept as they have a bonus zombie gunner who can't be killed. Think you bang on with the rules. I'll have a word with a few guys and see if I can get a team together.
Nice idea fella
Old 06-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

CTA I love CTA If I can find some wingmates count me in and my Gustav will be there.

BTW re Bombs in CTA .

Based on the 200 or more CTA's I have played Bombs make for a complete mess and a waste time instead of a nice back and forth that a good close CTA should be

Last edited by JOED70; 06-06-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOED70 View Post
CTA I love CTA If I can find some wingmates count me in and my Gustav will be there.
I'm also looking if you want to team up.

StiC
Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Hi Walt.....first off great idea......thanks for taking the time to set this up for everyone and making the effort

Dont think the bomb thing will be an issue...all the Realistic Roughneck's I have flown with jointly agree never to use bomb's....air to ground rockets seem fair game .

I am free to join in...I can make up the number's if you have gaps...Will PSN a few on my friends list to see what I can come up with team wise....

Mind you....my success at landing is as good as me running the 100m in flip flop's..........but I am Game Buddy (GMT +/-)

Last edited by WildBoar44; 06-06-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Time Zone