Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Ancient Knowledge

I found a 2nd map of Bolo Isle on Scarlet Wind and it said it was "traded for ancient knowledge" or some such. However, I can't find this item as a scroll or artifact, and I don't notice any change to my character. Anybody know what this is?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

There is a new type of scroll called Wandering Scrolls. You get these sometimes instead of a map to a new island. You can't 'learn' these spells, but you can access them on the world map by clicking on the spellbook and selecting the bottom tab. It took me a long time to realise this in my first game.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Speaking of wanderer's magic, I got three scrolls (ancient knowledge, colossus, titan's sword) from the chests I dug up using the dragon's skill in three consecutive battles! (as in, one of them each battle). That has GOT to be some kind of record!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

Well, if you're in the beginning of the game, in a way it is. My best is 4 by the time I finished Bolo. Keeping in mind that the chance to get a Wanderers scroll is 1 in 40 (for each attempt that is), you are most certainly doing great.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Approved Member

I got 2 Wanderer's scrolls in 1 battle on Debir digging.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

I've only played the demo and I figured this out; but what I can't figure out is how to tell which ones are active. The descriptions sez things like 50% increase in xp for n battles; but can you actually see which ones are active once you use several ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
There is a new type of scroll called Wandering Scrolls. You get these sometimes instead of a map to a new island. You can't 'learn' these spells, but you can access them on the world map by clicking on the spellbook and selecting the bottom tab. It took me a long time to realise this in my first game.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Yes, they show as mini icons on the right side of your screen. Each wanderers spell has a different icon and a counter below it which shows how many battles the spell will be active.