Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Default Is this a realistic game or arcade?

Is it like TOW or it is more like C&c ?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Well, it isn't like one of both games...
You have no base building like in CnC but you also don't have a focus on realism only.

Men of War has a stronger focus on squads and you have a lot of opportunities fighting with them, i.e. all soldiers carry their own inventory and you can collect the weapons of your enemies. You also can direct control every single unit and vehicle you have, featuring a very realistic armor penetration system, which forces you to fight your opponent in a smart way rather than in rushing.

About the realism overall, I gave a statement about that in the interview on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, you can find the link here in the forums.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS|Instinct View Post
Well, it isn't like one of both games...
You have no base building like in CnC but you also don't have a focus on realism only.

Men of War has a stronger focus on squads and you have a lot of opportunities fighting with them, i.e. all soldiers carry their own inventory and you can collect the weapons of your enemies. You also can direct control every single unit and vehicle you have, featuring a very realistic armor penetration system, which forces you to fight your opponent in a smart way rather than in rushing.

About the realism overall, I gave a statement about that in the interview on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, you can find the link here in the forums.
So it's a tactical game for sure if there is no base building of any kind. A RTT.

You say there is a very realistic armor penetration system, so there is no health bar over the tank? Nor for the soldier or squad?

What is the 25% over the AT gun on that ss?

health or ammo or something else?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Yep a RTT game.

Tanks do not have healthbars, all their armor plates have historical values + the calculation of the angle of impact of the projectile. You also can shoot down the tracks of a tank or hit the engine, disable the turret and so on, ofcourse tanks with flat angle armor have an advantage not only in mostly thicker armor but also on causing recochets.

Soldiers do have healthbares so you know how they are feeling
Since the game has impressive physics a piece of a housewall falling down on a soldier will kill him instantly. Mostly those houswalls fall down while a tank tries driving through it
Sometimes a soldier gets killed when a recochets flies in the wrong direction and hits him by coincidence..., every projectile is simulated correctly and a soldier does not "play" being hit like in some other games, if he's hit he is really hit like in a FPS.

The 25% belong to the flag in the middle, the gamemode played on the screenshots is a faster one. There is one flag in the middle of the map, the team with more soldiers in its zone is raising the flag slowly, the one who brings it up to 100% wins, if the time doesn't end earlier.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Interesting game, looking forward for it. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

This looks right up my street. I'll be watching and waiting for this to be released. Curious about the 16 player option, might even sign up for the beta.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

Default Hi,

Very beautiful war game,
it's easy for me to reduce the differents shorten Theatre of war and Face of War; with cuts to video support " i see only this " in a Mod and large maps. You can have a big different game style " hope not for lag " and take a more customers.

Will there a map editor?

Sorry for bad English. " perfida Albione "

Thanks,
Diaz

PS: how many old maps have you recycled from Soldiers and FOW? it's so
difficult for 1c edit many maps.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Official map and mission editor will be on the game disc.

There are only multiplayer maps "recycled" from previous games, like the most played ones.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Is this gonna be like "World in Conflict" style of gameplay?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Not in that huge size.
However in multiplayer you will also buy units instead of producing them. But Men of War takes more attention to micromanagment of units and direct control.