Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Here my sincere opinion on the new 4.09..
To make a serious competition is impossible the only competition that can be done is on LAN with a human supervision of files of participants, Now it can have all the goodies you want on the 409 to me it's a waste.. even if slovakia map is what is suppose to be for benchmarks .. if there is no anti different files verification other than this check=2 (not very useful) all or any patches with 4.09.. 4.10 or what ever are a waste on the Online point of view. With a little punk buster style of software this would calm down all parties the moders to do what they please and the others to compete without doubt.

Mean time from an onliner like me or what i use to be, it's a complete waste and all the good pilots and rivals are basicly gone..

So now what say you about this punk buster ?
Is it going to come with 409 final yes or not.. easy answer.

Thank you.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/

Last edited by GOZR; 12-28-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Smile

GORZ:
calm down it's only the Beta
Oleg will do what he wants to do!
He's not waiting on our requests for
how he's dealing with mods.

Me thinks a lot of Mod Protection
will be in 409 server Patch.

Last edited by Petrosky; 12-28-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

****BUG REPORT****

First, Thank you for the beta patch, looking forward to the real deal!

I have found one bug so far in a short period of time.

FMB: When chosing a map from the drop down list the screen will freeze until the map loads. It will not go to the "stand by" screen while the map is loading. This will happen when choosing ANY map in the 4.09Beta, not just the new maps.

I have both versions of the game installed (4.08m and 4.09bm) I simply made a copy of my 4.08 install and added 4.09 to it. I have not installed the Skins yet.

System:
MSI K8N Neo2 Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
2gb Geil PC3200 ram
ATI X850XT 256mb Video card
SB Audigy2 sound Card

=PF=Coastie
Old 12-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Firstly, Thank you! I think that this is a great addition. I for one appreciate it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I have done, but here goes...

Flew a coop with some other gentlemen I fly with regularly. There were Bf-109G-6, FW-190A-5, and MC 202 Serie XII. We of course were discussing the new skins on the planes. We found a slight "glitch" with the MC 202 skin. I have taken some pictures to show you. Some saw the skin on the MC 202 I was flying as default, the same as I saw it. But others saw it as a goobled up mess. Here are the pics that I have:

The view from my machine

Here is a picture from another flyer's machine:

Finally, the number on the side of the plane seems to be in different posions as well. One is under the pilot (Starboard) the other is slighly behind the pilot near the white band. (Port). The only thin I can think that might be the cause is improper instalation of the skin update, but...To the best of my knowledge all those that flew in the coop installed it the same way.

Again, many thanks for the new update.

Regards,
MadJek
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the work done, maps are superb!

But in my case, those mg_snd libraries didn't let me start the game. Thanks to CsThor, Sir, for your advice !. What do these libraries add to the patch, appart starting problems?

About the maps, my little feedback: In the FMB, the Odessa map has a "offshore" airbase icon, loose on the sea, northeast from the city, see my yellow circle:

But there is nothing there. No carriers!

Thanks again

www.escuadrilla-fae.com

Last edited by FAE_Cazador; 12-28-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

OK. I downloaded and installed as soon as I saw it. Looks great, but I can't use it in online play because the versions don't match.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Default Offshore Airbase Icons

The offshore Airbase Icons are for seaplane spawns, in Dogfight servers this is only useful if there is a A6m2-N Rufe. Now I think that the maps are wonderful. Slovakia is beautiful, well worth the wait. However since I know that this is supposed to be the last patch, given it's a Beta and there will be a final. I wish to implore Oleg to (after SOW is released) allow Third Party modellers to include some other seaplanes, for instance the big Japanese flying boat (which could stand-in for a Short Sunderland) and the PBN Catalina which would only need a cockpit and as far as that goes the gunnery stations could remain AI. I'm not complaining mind you, I love the work that has been done it's top notch but those of us who want to make historical missions are unlikely to find a Rufe standing in for anything else but a Rufe, and having seaplane spawns begging to be used as such it would be nice somewhere down the road. And if I didn't say it clear enough, Thank You Oleg and Team; Great Job!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurinko View Post
These shadows are part of IL-2 graphic engine. In the morning/evening, all objects placed on steep hills cast such shadows. Nothing to do with it.
I will have to get back to you on that. There is away of turning them off as soon as I remember what it was. It goes way back. It turns off the big shadows and leaves the smaller and plane shadows.

Update: here it is:

LandShading=2

Last edited by Billy885; 12-28-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

Default 409 feed back

Finally works perfect on my 8800 GTS 640 meg card

I have had an issue where when the plane load model loads at about 900 meters the plane would become invisable untill around 700 meters
Made it impossible to line up on head on shots and hard to see some one on your tail
This map is awesome
cant wait to have this on a server like War cloudes
Old 12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

The Slovakian map is a major upgrade to the sim!!!!!I can't stop flying it.Thank You for all your hard work.

Patrick