Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for posting! Everything looks excelent. Very exiting to follow the making of this simulator.

Hope that Oleg is better and can enjoy chrismas.

Regards

Viking
Old 12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECV56_Lancelot View Post
Even in BoB?
I don´t know historically how it was, but my logic tell me that more likely in BoB most of german aircraft would had operated from actual french, belgian and dutch airfields.
Still, my logic could be completely f&%k up!

About the update, even being WiP, and made all randomly, those airfields with all the objects and tress are looking amazing.
As someone asked if there will be radio transmision through the speaker, it would be great if by using the FMB we could put sound that are recreated through the speakers, either continuously or in any specific time. That could help a lot to create atmosphere on the missions.
Knowing that we will have triggers, it would be great to make a mission where pilots have to wait in their planes with engines off and you hear music playing on the airfield, and suddenly radio transmission ordering for take off, so everyone have to start their planes, taxi and off we go!. . And by using the FMB you assign the music and the radio transmission you want them to hear.
I remember the Memphis Belle movie, that in the B-17 are listen a Music Song from a radio interference for alfews minuts. Thtat will be great.

Nice screeens. !!! remember me Arma2
i love that Grass (like realithy, very green fluor) . The trreees are only nice.. Buth is very okey evrything
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 12-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update Luthier!

Just a small note: I'm pretty sure that most of us are not happy with these visuals. They don't look like the next generation graphics we expect, but we're also pretty sure that you're "cheating", by not letting us see what you're up to deliver .

S!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

A really nice update.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Luthier,

I'm really happy with this update, it is one of the best so far. I started to feel the immersion, with all these objects in the airfield (flak !) and the iperrealistic Stuka cockpit.

As far as graphical sophistication, I realise that we must accept some compromises, in order to leave computing power for the complex simulation calculations, but still the graphics looks excellent.

I don't like the "Crysis" style grass, not too for the color but rather for the style, it doesn't resemble any English or French grass to my knowledge.

All in all : great ! Keep up the good work !

Regards,
Insuber
Old 12-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

DELETED because the bad choose of words, gave wrong understanding of post.

Last edited by ECV56_Lancelot; 12-18-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Didn´t mean to offend Insuber.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECV56_Lancelot View Post
LOL! This is killing me, because i beleive you write it seriously. But you read this and its like saying "The grass in this FLIGHT simulator its wrong, its not french or english grass style". The only thing it lacks is saying something like "...grass style, please make it right because it sucks and completely kills the immersion"
I beleive its not you intention to troll or anything like it, but the subject its almost hilarious if you see it from an outsider point of view.

I hope u don´t get offended, its not my intention.
I hope you don't get offended but you are hilarious. Insuber is completely right, unless the gardener/farmer has been slacking, I have never really seen grass be let to go that out of hand in Blighty. Of course if it was a crop field then that is different, but I like to believe that here in England we take pride in making sure our Gardens are well kept; particularly our arfields
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Say Ilya,

I've not seen anything posted else where, will BoB have a proper Stratus cloud layer?

i.e. A uniformed base, a top you can climb/fly over?

Great shots

Biggs
Old 12-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs Su-2 View Post
Say Ilya,

I've not seen anything posted else where, will BoB have a proper Stratus cloud layer?

i.e. A uniformed base, a top you can climb/fly over?
This is a question best answered with a screenshot.

This is a question best answered some other time.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Nice ones!

Not to put a too fine point to it but keep in mind that most german fighter airfields were nothing but flat stretches of land which had never been airfields before. Most of these had nothing more elaborate in regards to buildings than tents.
True for some...not for others! and very fast evolving too...Many airfields have gone from simple fields to reasonably built-up airfields in a matter of weeks, and many of them had individual and workshop hangars by the end of BoB or so.

And about the "flat" stretchs of land...if OM can stay true to actual ground relief, some of you are in for a massive surprise, sometimes...

JV