Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Default Joining / immediately leaving session problem?

Does anybody else get this? You look for a game, it finds one then says it is joining the session. Behind that screen I'll see a lobby with a few people in it, but it immediately kicks to "Leaving Session" and throws me out? Then every time I search for a game, it sends me to the same one that throws me out again. I'm stuck until that game starts so I can find another, then it'll work just fine. Gets very annoying when the game causing the problem doesn't start for 4 or 5 minutes, as there is nothing I can do to skip that one and find another.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

I do have only one issue like that, but is only related to the host leaving the match because he sees i have a B-17. Rediculous.

Ive had what has happend to you only occur twice. never had it again since i first got it
Old 09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

I get this often as well.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
I do have only one issue like that, but is only related to the host leaving the match because he sees i have a B-17. Rediculous.

Ive had what has happend to you only occur twice. never had it again since i first got it
Is the B-17 that superior in online play ? i would expect that a single one would be easy pray to a ME 262 and that eventually the Arado 234 would much more effective .
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

From what Ive seen of it the B-17 has the biggest bombs, is fast, and is armed to the teeth with turrets. So unless you actually have one on your team also, your pretty much screwed for a win.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Had it a couple of times too, then I just choose custom match, so I can choose from the list if there are other matches.
Might have something to do with the host having a bad connection and it can't take too many people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
This might not be because of your B-17. I personally often leave sessions when I make one, because a random person joins, while I just wanted to invite friends. If it has a low amount of max players then it's probably this.

Hope they add private matches in a future update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoutinho View Post
Is the B-17 that superior in online play ? i would expect that a single one would be easy pray to a ME 262 and that eventually the Arado 234 would much more effective .
Yea, the B-17 is a bit overpowered. I usually always set my team on A and if I pick the B-17, a lot of players will set it on the same team. I've won a match after just 4 bomb runs, while the enemy team barely did anything to our ticket.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbuehler View Post
Does anybody else get this? You look for a game, it finds one then says it is joining the session. Behind that screen I'll see a lobby with a few people in it, but it immediately kicks to "Leaving Session" and throws me out? Then every time I search for a game, it sends me to the same one that throws me out again. I'm stuck until that game starts so I can find another, then it'll work just fine. Gets very annoying when the game causing the problem doesn't start for 4 or 5 minutes, as there is nothing I can do to skip that one and find another.
I get the same problems,happens to me almost every day.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruberikku View Post
Yea, the B-17 is a bit overpowered. I usually always set my team on A and if I pick the B-17, a lot of players will set it on the same team. I've won a match after just 4 bomb runs, while the enemy team barely did anything to our ticket.
Well i imagine that some Sonderkommando Elbe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderkommando_Elbe) tactics will star to appear... probably better to lose less tickets by ramming the bomber then to actually let it fly unharmed to the target.

The Radar map thing also doesn't help to the surprise effect off an attack in sim.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoutinho View Post
The Radar map thing also doesn't help to the surprise effect off an attack in sim.
Neither does actual RADAR.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

happens to me as well. It's really starting to piss me off