Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Default training mission help please

Hi

I just got this awesome game and playing through the optional training missions and stuck on the bombing mission.
After I have destroyed all the ground targets it tells me to switch views to gunner position and defend against the fighters.
Ok will someone please advise me how to control and aim the gunner to shoot the fighters without the aircraft turning and climbing at the same time I try to aim the guns its all over the shop.
I am using thrustmaster hotas in layout 1 in options

thanks chaps
Old 09-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

You need to switch to one of the third person views. You will still have control of the plane with the left stick, but the right stick and trigger will aim and fire your rear gun.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Hi

Thanks for the advice , I aint using the PS pad so only got my flight stick on the thrustmaster and when i try to aim its flying the plane at same time everywhere i try to aim and point the stick it turns the plane hence the post all over the shop
Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

You control the gunner with the hat switch, and fly the plane with the stick.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Talking

Hi Blast1977

Yes I got that bit sussed mate , when you first press the gunner view and try to use the hat switch the view flys everywhere when you press the hat switch and sometimes just rotates in circles for me.
If you hold down the fire button and then move the hat switch it works how it should , as soon as you release the fire button and use the hat switch it moves all over the place and impossible to finely aim the gunner.
Besides how silly is it to try and aim the gunner and fly the plane at same time , did they do this in the war one person to fly and man the rear guner as well

Now I got no brakes when I land the aircraft and hit the bloody trees trying to stop the crate
I suppose we are beta testers are we as I just got this and already found the 2 bugs using the thrustmaster hotas , does not happen with the pad and both problems work fine using pad.

Last edited by kingkarl; 09-15-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Isn't the hat switch on the TM HOTAS digital?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

I use the rudder controls to turn the guns left and right and the throttle control to raise and lower the guns...

It's a bit fiddly but it works....