Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Would you pay for replay in DLC?
I'd pay for it in DLC 26 63.41%
I would not pay for it in DLC 5 12.20%
I can wait for it in a sequel 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Default Would you pay for replay in DLC?

Something tells me that adding replay to this completed title would require quite a bit of time and effort. I don't think it would be a simple case of dropping it on in an update, but perhaps would require quite a bit of coding and implementation.
If this is the case, would you be happy to pay for a specific replay feature on DLC rather than wait for such a feature in a future IL-2 title/sequel?

Last edited by Dexter; 09-15-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Something tells me that adding replay to this completed title would require quite a bit of time and effort. I don't think it would be a simple case of dropping it on in an update, but perhaps would require quite a bit of coding and implementation.
If this is the case, would you be happy to pay for a specific replay feature on DLC rather than wait for such a feature in a future IL-2 title/sequel?
Probably the most pressing thing for any BOP DLC is that currently in on-line MP the allied fighters have cockpit views and the axis fighters do not. This unbalances on-line MP a bit. These axis cockpit views therefore seem more of a "must have" feature.

"Replay" is icing on the cake, more of a "nice to have" feature one might say.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

If community driven competative online becomes popular, yes indeed I would. I'd like to be able to analyse my dogfights and see just what I did wrong.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

sod replay i just want to be able to stay in a lobby after a match has ended instead of having to quit and rejoin
Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

ok been dicussing the replay and the lobby thing for a wile now and its a no get the hint it will require alot of work to the game and the servers and 1c dont run the server/s that hols data so you can play and host games

more pessing things are cocpits and or even re-vamps of modes in game wich are easier to do as dlc

drop the we want lobby we want replay it wont happen not this time next game yer they will more likly happen but like over-g replay will be for co-op/single missions only coz it would cause way to much lag otherwise and make the game unplayable for those that have the pc version havent u noticed the change in latency when your recording online matches?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVCG Stone View Post
..drop the we want lobby we want replay it wont happen not this time...
With respect, you don't speak for the whole community. Telling us to be quiet about things we'd like to see in this version or future versions is counter productive. You may as well tell everyone in the 'Suggestions' thread to keep their ideas to themselves. If one feature is constantly requested then that gives developers a fair idea of what the buying public wants.

Quote:
...for those that have the pc version havent u noticed the change in latency when your recording online matches?
Speaking for myself, no.

Quote:
more pessing things are cocpits and or even re-vamps of modes in game wich are easier to do as dlc
Developers had publishing deadlines which meant they couldn't get all details completed in time. Cockpits will be coming in DLC (more likely the update?) for certain.
This thread is about replay.

Last edited by Dexter; 09-15-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Where has anyone said replay OR cockpits?
I'm pretty sure this was a "would you guys like this feature?" question and in no way sugests its an either/or choice. Its all hypothetical and at best might influence what makes it into a sequal...are you saying you dont want a replay feature at all Stone?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

I'd LOVE a replay feature. This game, and these planes, are so beautiful I'd love to be able to capture it. I'd have no problem paying for it.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

um acctually ive done a bit of game design before have you and im not talking mods im talking just a basic mission editor wich is very much like the replay recorder in a game that how i know if you read anton has said its final no recorder for bop so stop jumping up and down like a spoilt children ill say thios tho id love to have it just know its not possible
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

hmmm.. how about a maybe option on the poll? It depends how competent the replay feature is, and how much it would cost. I can think of some great video ideas though.