Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

PC didn't get overlooked. They have their own sequel.
Storm of War
http://pc.ign.com/objects/827/827819.html
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Er didnt this game get dropped for HAWKS? According to that site the game is out now. I seem to remember a while back that Ubi were making a flight game that got cancelled.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Ubisoft has nothing to do with Storm of War. The game is being developed by Maddox Games, who are the creators and developers of the PC Il2 series, and will be published by 1C Publishing. The first game in the Storm of War series will be SoW: Battle of Britain, due out in September 2010, and SoW: Korea is also under development.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

The radio broadcasts that "aren't in the appropriate context" are just radio chatter that is from other aircraft / operations happening at the time. just because your flying your mission, doesn't mean no-one else can speak. i quite like it, it adds to the experience.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Re: "when all I've got left to do is land at the airfield which happens to be about 50 miles away isn't the smartest feature to have".

Ha Ha. Enjoy that whilst you can as pretty soon, even that gets taken away from you as soon as you hit Sicily!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

I agree with some points of both Lemming and Lexandro. I really miss Track IR from the PC but also I really like the fact I'm not looking at the clear blue sky for 5 minutes hoping to kill one or two planes. While this is probably closer to being realistic I find it very fun killing 10-20 planes a mission as well as unlimited ammo. (I'm far from being a pro at PC IL-2)
So sometimes a "dumb down" version isn't a bad thing. Who knows if this version will get more console gamers interested in PC flight sims.

Last edited by Smidlee; 09-14-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

If you want something more realistic, fly a real fighter plane!

Until then, just have fun and enjoy the game. It is made very well and although some things could be improved on, it's only a game. Don't forget, a flight sim is still a game anyways, even with full features.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

You are right about the radio chatter, it is annoying and terribly out of context, at least the english chatter (russian is fine as it is just filler and not really repetitively annoying because its so foreign IMO).

Your complaints about graphics being ugly are your opinion but calling this game ugly seriously puts the credibility of the rest of your comments in question for me. I mean... look at the competing games' graphics... ??

As for your comment of, "What a flight simulator's even doing on said controls is a good question, but irrelevant.", that's pretty much the clincher for me showing your bias; that is, your insinuating that you can't understand why a massive group of gamers would be allowed to experience an adapted genre of game because the game shouldn't have been made unless it had a keyboard to back up its controls. The answer to the question should be common sense: the developers brought a sim (with simplified specific plane control functions) to the consoles because they wanted console players to be able to experience a sim-physics style flight game. They thought players would enjoy it and want to buy it.... so they made it. Whether a game is deemed a 'sim' or not whether you have a specific button to press in order to adjust your testicle position is a matter of subjectivity but you would have to be quite an extremely neurotic individual to honestly find it entirely illogical why a flight sim would be adapted for console.