Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Default Is it possible to patch out the Deadzone on 360 please?

I've played IL-2 on PC for quite a while (Graduated JO, flew co-op SQN, etc.) so I know how I like the plane to 'feel'.

I bought a Saitek AV8R-02 for the 360 so I could fly properly over here, but the game has a nasty deadzone and no visible option to turn it off. I checked the stick out on Windows with some alternate drivers and managed to prove it has no deadzone built in, so I'm assuming there is one built into either the game or the 360 controller setup.

If it is the game, can you please remove it or give us a slider to set the deadzone where WE want it? (And the logarithmic sensitivity setting would be nice too so we can adjust the percentages in 10s to things like 1,3,7,12,24,36,48,65,82,100 - not holding out much hope for that though )

It is very frustrating trying to target someone's engine with what feels like a 5%+ deadzone in the middle of the stick. Fine adjustment of altitude once you're on their 6 is just unnecessarily tricky, in my honest opinion.

The stick rudder seems to work fine (twist grip unfortunately, when I have a perfectly good set of Saitek pedals under the desk - but that's MS's fault for not letting us use PC peripherals! ) so lateral aiming is easy.

If it turns out to be a Microsoft probem - just tell us who to write to, so we can have controllers with no deadzones!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

just got immortal pilot achievement with an aviator (actually 7kill streak before connection dropped out) on realistic...you'll have to get used to the deadzone I am afraid...
________
BUY VAPORIZERS

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabin View Post
If it turns out to be a Microsoft probem - just tell us who to write to, so we can have controllers with no deadzones!
That's MS limitation, deadzone is done in X360 drivers.
So write to MS (even hardware manufaturers can't do anything here).
Old 09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Thank you - I suspected it would be MS to blame since the deadzone exists in the 360 Controller for Windows drivers too.

I'll go pester them
Old 09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
So there will always be a deadzone in the game?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

I posted a request on the 360 hardware forum here: http://forums.xbox.com/29045789/ShowPost.aspx so just head over there and voice your support for the idea if you don't want a deadzone.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I posted a request on the 360 hardware forum here: http://forums.xbox.com/29045789/ShowPost.aspx so just head over there and voice your support for the idea if you don't want a deadzone.
ps3
Old 09-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I added my support .. we need this!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
I added my support .. we need this!
I posted on the Xbox forum as well, but knowing Microsoft, I don't expect this to change any time soon. I just may end up picking this up for the PS3 as well if it looks like it handles a better range of sticks. If the Ace-Edge works on the PS3 with no deadzone, I'll be rocking.

EDIT- it looks like this probably won't work since the Ace-Edge doesn't work with the XMB. Thanks for making your crap proprietary, Microsoft!

Last edited by Plippy; 09-13-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

I just made a post since I noticed its been quietly drifting to the bottum of the page. This really needs to be addressed.