Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

Default Why no pilots log/stats. THis is watered down big time.

In "developer interviews" I stumbled onto in the past on the web, you guys made it sound like this game would be a true PC-like SIM. To me, that meant this game would include pilot stats for flight time, kills, crashes, etc. Lots of preset camera angles to toggle through, including a flyby view. Every mission would require a takeoff and a landing. These are standard features of a PC-like SIM. In this game, it behooves me there is NO pilots log. No solo player stats. WOW! You guys really dumbed this game down... to the point where some of the more arcade-ish flight games have more features than this game. What happened?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

What normally during a project

The six (6) phases in a project
1: Joy
2: Confusion
3: The day after
4: Hunt for the guilty
5: Punishment of the guilty
6: Reward to those not assigned to the project
Old 09-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercammando View Post
In "developer interviews" I stumbled onto in the past on the web, you guys made it sound like this game would be a true PC-like SIM. To me, that meant this game would include pilot stats for flight time, kills, crashes, etc. Lots of preset camera angles to toggle through, including a flyby view. Every mission would require a takeoff and a landing. These are standard features of a PC-like SIM. In this game, it behooves me there is NO pilots log. No solo player stats. WOW! You guys really dumbed this game down... to the point where some of the more arcade-ish flight games have more features than this game. What happened?
Wasn't enough for you to whine on Gamefaqs was it?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

OMG this is the same guy on gamefaqs. Sad.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Registered Member

It would of been nice to see some type of pilot log, but It's not that big of a deal to post two different topics about on two different forums. None the less, it's still a great game.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

To be positive - I would really like to see pilot stats - Im not bothered about more views etc
Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Dumba$$es... punks of GFaqs tell me to go elsewhere to voice my complaints, somewhere more closely connected with the developers. SO I DO IT. And then I get jerks complaining that I posted my complaints here and on GFaqs. SOme people are just never satisfied. And like I said, based on what DEVELOPERS SAID, my expectations were high. How do you OMIT pilot stats from a game like this. It doesn't kill the gameplay but the lack of stats doesn't provide any incentive to keep playing to rack up stats, which is what a lot of people look for in addition to just good flying/dogfighting gameplay. To me, the lack of a pilots log in this game is like a Madden with no user profile. EPIC FAILURE. It's a big deal to me and I won't let up so tough luck: I'm here to stay. Don't like what I have to say? Don't keep reading. These boards are here so we can rant or rave about a game. QUITE RANTING about the ranters, punks.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercammando View Post
These boards are here so we can rant or rave about a game. QUITE RANTING
LMAO.
No these boards are here to make a community around a game.

You want stats so you can stat boost bo hoo, I want a Hellcat but you don't see me coming along being a huge drama queen about how its dumbing the game down not to have a feature I want.

And if you keep posting like this no you wont be here to stay due to the little word "banned".
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

This is more than just about stats. I could write a 5 paragraph essay about how watered down this game is. ANd you people would fail to see the points, the principle behind the matter, and would continue to defend your precious IL-2 game and gripe about this rant. I gaurentee you, if Madden ever came out with no user profile, no stats, people would complain. Stats are a HUGE part of gaming... a reason why some game companys allocate so many resources and large budgets for creating stats-based features like profiles, leaderboards, etc. My grievances go beyond this though:
- no pilots log so only ONE person can really play through the campaing at a time.
- can't remap the buttons.
- no preset camera angles and flyby cams
- too many missions that start in the air and end in the air.
- linear campaign progression.

Again, developers early on said this game would cater to arcade and simulation prefs. Well, this game is void of too many features found typically in sims and sometimes in arcade fly games. IMHO, this game was unfinished and rushed out the door, period. I seriously hope they make a sequel and finish what they started.

BTW making a "community" around a game doesn't necessarily mean all comments must be postive. LIke every other community site I've seen, say something bad and you get ignored, flamed, banned, etc. Too many people on these "community" sites are simply fanboys defending their precious games. Can't say anything bad lord help us.. or we're considered "trolls" and whatnot. The fact is: developers didn't deliver the "sim" they originally claimed they were going to make. That is my opinion and I see no reason why I shouldn't voice it on this forum.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

It behooves you does it? That's not how behove is used.