Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Registered Member

Default Fix your game

Why in the mission Inspect Airfields am I given 2 planes with the worst AI that I have ever seen? Why when I land does my plane sometimes refuse to takeoff?
Why does the plane sometimes takeoff and not allow me to pull up or turn? Why does the AI run into me in an attempt to land the plane on top of mine? Why does my view change every time I look at the map? Why does my plane refuse to stop and I loose total control of throttle even when it says I am at 0 and it takes off like I am at 100?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Approved Member

The AI wingmen are supposed to provide comic relief to the game. Well, that's the only reason I can give for their total lack of flying abilities and the moronic phrases they yell over the radio.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

I landed my plane on that mission and the AI plane crashed into the runway.....
Also, that training mission where you tell your AI team to shoot down the bomber. My 2 AI planes collided into each other.....
Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Default fix the game

I have to say the community for this game is one of the best I have seen. On a lighter note I have passed the mission with both pilots surviving. Here is how I did it, I just kept ordering my wing man by rotating my thumb on the pad as much as I could, and it confuses the wing man. This makes him either follow you at a very slow pace or fly off in some random direction. Just make sure to change back to stop him from attempting any landing, which as you all know is always catastrophic always involving in death.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

i didnt know we had wingmen on that mission, mine must have crashed on take-off lol
Old 09-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

This happened to me last night after I landed at the 2nd airfield my throttle would not go abobe 83% and my elevators wouldn't work I crashed into the threes at the end of the runway.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
This happened to me last night after I landed at the 2nd airfield my throttle would not go abobe 83% and my elevators wouldn't work I crashed into the threes at the end of the runway.
This happens to me all the time as well. It seems to be triggered by pulling up the map screen, which when in flight on this mission usually sends the plane into a random direction.

If this doesn't happen then my wingman either crashes or gets stuck on the ground, making the mission basically impossible to complete.

Please fix it!

Cheers
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

I didn't see my wingmen on this mission either, but another funny thing happend: My airplane acted almost like VTOL-aircraft. I used this mission for landing training on Realistic mode. Therefore I brought my plane to a complete stop on the runways. When taking off again I didn't need more than a few ft of runway: the plane got airborne instantly and mysteriously levitated straight up into the air...
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

i did that mission no probs my wingman was so far behind me id allready took off again by the time he caught up ?? what i did was use wep all the way to each airfield for some reason your wingman doesnt use wep so gets left behind hope this helps ?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

I had exactly the same thing happening to me on this mission. I landed on the first airstrip and came to a standstill. When i took off i couldn't control the plane anymore. I restarted the mission and everything went normal.