Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

we have?

Good to know.

I'm not directly in this game yet, you'll have to excuse me.

So far as I understand, one of our members is 4th on Arcade Team Battle, and has been tossing the number 1 slot on several occasions (a booster with the gamertag "gooniepl").

Our guys, from what I've been informed of, are more akin to Realistic mode. Several of our members are in the top 10 on leaderboards.

Given that leaderboards are completely based on kills....I dont think this really gives a good idea of where skill is based on. I am a stern believer in K/D spread as an indication of skill. We've learned in Ace Combat that points are the way to go, and though our members legitimately got their rankings, most of the top guys "boost" by using the worst ranking airframe in the game, and work to shoot down the top point based airframe with Guns.

This system is on IL:2 BoP is a lot nicer, but still gives no true indication of skill. Obviously, it will be nice to play against people who have an appreciation for this kind of thing.

Hope we get a challenge! We've been looking for one for about 8 years now. New game, new possibilities. Look forward too it, trk29 .

Again, anyone wanting to get some games in, please contact Draux, he is the S&S CO for our "Preservation Wing."

Thanks guys!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Great, I have been looking for a challenge, Im on the top 2 for everything on realistic and top 3 for simulation. Im with V.A.S hopefully I can face serious players now. There is a way to calculate a player skill by taking into consideration games played, kills, and percentage of efficiency. There is a guy that is really good on sim (PSN = whatsablacksheep) maube he is one of your guys.

B.T.W. you guys seem very professional in what you do I would be interested in joining Operation Flashpoint 2 squads if you will cover that game.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Registered Member

We havent gotten our PS3 guys up, most of our members are based on 360 at this current junction...unfortunately due to the AC6 release on 360 as an exclusive.

To answer your question on Operation Flashpoint, we are in fact doing a group for them. 1st MSOC for 360 and 2nd MSOC for PS3.

As always, check out our website, www.sinsandsaints.org

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

I must say that I am rather disappointed as your initial post for this group lead me to think you were a decent group of players. I final got into a MP room (after 4 days of trying) which had only a few guys sporting your clan tag and was promptly told to leave. I don't know how anyone thinks this game will ever have a decent MP community with this kind of attitude towards people outside of your regular group.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Well, do remember, there is no such thing as a private room, and when we want to fly together (and there are quite a few of us.) we have to ask people to leave.

Now, even though you were told to leave, whoever was hosting that round simply could have booted you and have been done with it.

Realize that not every game is meant to be open, sometimes we wish to fly together. I believe you, as well as anyone in here, most assuredly the other squadrons, can respect that, yes?

Sorry for your trouble, if you want to fly with us, again, the best chance is to contact us and see about joining.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

The only reason I could think that they asked you to take off was they wanted even teams, but they should have made the room private. If your looking for a multiplayer match, put me on your friends list and we can play sometime.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

I admit i have no idea how many people a room will hold but i was number 4 in the room and I was mostly annoyed by it due to the fact that it was the first room I had managed to connect to in 4 days of trying. I just dont get how with all the complaining I have seen about not enough people playing I cant see why anyone would not want someone to play.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

What's up drew, ben, nice to see some familiar names
Old 09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdus View Post
I admit i have no idea how many people a room will hold but i was number 4 in the room and I was mostly annoyed by it due to the fact that it was the first room I had managed to connect to in 4 days of trying. I just dont get how with all the complaining I have seen about not enough people playing I cant see why anyone would not want someone to play.
We are a team, and the point of being a team is practice. Since reserved spots are not allowed, they were waiting for other members.

Obviously it was a misunderstanding, but complaining about us without having full knowledge of what was going on is certainly not appreciated.

Online for this game is rather shallow, I hope you find a room, perhaps join us at a future time.

Also, Gray Fox, nice to see you online
Old 09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Default what no o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR4Y F0X II View Post
What's up drew, ben, nice to see some familiar names
whats up gr4y fox>