Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Would you pay for replay in DLC?
I'd pay for it in DLC 26 63.41%
I would not pay for it in DLC 5 12.20%
I can wait for it in a sequel 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Approved Member

Im still waiting to find out what they are actualy planning to add in the DLC thats supposed to be scheduled for October-ish. I have points on my account for LIVE that Ive been keeping for a good DLC pack. I was seriously considering getting the new Mass Effect one, but when I got the IL2 demo I knew I had to see what was coming for it before I chose.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVCG Stone View Post
um acctually ive done a bit of game design before
Of course you have.

Quote:
...so stop jumping up and down like a spoilt children...
I see only one person in this thread doing that.
Look, people are happy to participate in this poll (see the votes), and have given intelligent, civilised replies.

Most have anyway
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

I actually AM doing game design at the moment ( or rather, studying for it at the Utrecht school of art and technology) and I can tell you with certainty that replay would require quite a bit of changes to the engine, and would mean a extreme amount of work to the developers... sorry to pop your bubble, but it just isn't going to happen, the developers barely have the time to research and build cockpits for the german aircraft ( I fly in virtual cockpit most of the time anyway, so I don't miss them), so they surely don't have the time to do a engine overhaul... I bet they are now working on concepts for a sequal, since most developers start on their next game as soon as their previous one has gone gold...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
um acctually ive done a bit of game design before have you and im not talking mods im talking just a basic mission editor wich is very much like the replay recorder in a game that how i know if you read anton has said its final no recorder for bop so stop jumping up and down like a spoilt children ill say thios tho id love to have it just know its not possible
jeeez mate lighten up the guy is askin the forum users if they would like to see a replay mode in this game in his original post where does he have a go at devs and demands they put it in the game he is askin ppl there general opion on his idea (yes im am dyslexic before you call the grammer police)

you have two choices imho
take the poll
dont take the poll and shut up
Old 09-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny M NL View Post
I actually AM doing game design at the moment ( or rather, studying for it at the Utrecht school of art and technology) and I can tell you with certainty that replay would require quite a bit of changes to the engine, and would mean a extreme amount of work to the developers...
Congratulations. I wish you every success.
Did I say it would be easy? Did you read my original post?
I said it could 'require quite a bit of time and effort' and 'require quite a bit of coding and implementation'.
Those two points escape you? You see, if that is the case (I kinda said it might be) then there is option 3 of the poll.

What is it with some people trying to derail this thread? Take part in the poll or don't. Your choice.

Quote:
sorry to pop your bubble...
I'm crushed.

Quote:
...I bet they are now working on concepts for a sequal, since most developers start on their next game as soon as their previous one has gone gold...
Option 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz1971 View Post
jeeez mate lighten up the guy is askin the forum users if they would like to see a replay mode in this game in his original post where does he have a go at devs and demands they put it in the game he is askin ppl there general opion on his idea (yes im am dyslexic before you call the grammer police)

you have two choices imho
take the poll
dont take the poll and shut up
Thanks dazz. Some people don't get it. Most do