Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Default League Games

Well after playing lots and lots of hours of multiplayer I have come up with an idea that might make this game more intresting. A game when you fight in a certain area (berlin, stalingrad, Sicily, etc..) you get to keep it. For instance, Team A wins sicily, so now Team A has to defend sicily against any other team who challenges them.

Proposed Rules-
5v5(smaller teams to have lots of squads fightin to each other)
30min timer
40 kills max
5sec spawn
daytime
Weather- Based on the actual realtime weather in that part of the world in the plane you are fighting
Unlimited F/A

This is just a sketch of an idea i had.

There are 14 dogfight maps
7 Team battle maps
8 CTA maps
and 8 Strike maps. ( some are duplicates)

So each team could capture a bunch of maps under there Squads name.

Thats my idea, and i would like a few people to help set it up or give ideas about how to intertwine the different game types and maps. Realistic or Simulation would be the mostly likely of choices, but it would be better to do what ever is more popular. Except arcade,, thats just a mess in its self.

There would also be a seperate website to track stats like wins losses and the current map of who owns what map.

The big challenge would be setting a time where people could team up and fight for a map.

Calculating who won is a simple picture of end game stats with a camera and emailing an event coordinator.

Lag does not seem to be a major issue either in most cases.

Ya im open to any and all ideas, i think this would be fun if we have lots of people playing.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

I agree it could be lots of fun. Keep in mind there will be a ton of organizing for events and/or a website, and if this idea shows enough popularity and support, it will still be a while before any organized battles can happen. A few comments and suggestions:

- The website idea sounds very good. A forum would be the most suitable, because:

1) Events (in-game battles) can be posted as threads, with forum members simply posting in that thread to sign up for the event.

2) Squadrons can create their own threads where people can sign up for the said squadron.

- If you want this to be a little more historically accurate, squadrons should only use fighters/bombers from a single nationality (no Spitfires and Bf-109's fighting on the same side), and only squadrons of different nationality can fight each other (no Russian aircraft vs. Russian aircraft games). Depending on how many overall squadrons there are, the latter would limit who fights who, so it might be a bad idea.

Last edited by PantherAttack2; 09-13-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Hopfully it will generate more intrest in the comming weeks. It will also provide more gameplay for people who are frustrated with so few matches being played.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

well the way www.gamebattles.com does it is good, it has ladder system where you create a team and can challenge other teams. It also has a atch finder system where you post up a challenge and any team can accept that challenge

I have tried to request that they introduce a ladder for this game but there does not seem to be much interest, maybe if some of the guys from here mmade a request we could get it setup
Old 09-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, if we get enough support perhaps we can get a ladder for BoP on that site, and even if we can't I'm still for this idea. It would improve the overall online gaming experience for BoP.

And, come on people. This thread has had 79 views and it's only John and me that have replied, anyone else care to give their opinion?

Last edited by PantherAttack2; 09-14-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

sounds fun hope it works. good luck.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

I'd say 30min/40 kills is probably a bit long but otherwise it looks okay, I like the persistant map thing a lot.