Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Default Possibility of stats system?

Anton? hope you will read this!

I was wondering if it is hard for the devs to make some kind of stats system..
All we have now.. is a leaderboard for the ranked games.. indicating kills,points and matches.

Would be nice to add a tracking system for the overall kills you have... and with what plane. So you could, for example, go to the hangar.. and see the amount of kills, matches played, and accuracy for each plane.

And adding to this.. maybe a rank or level system....

Playing non-ranked... feels kind of pointless... it is FUN! yes...and I played IL2 1946 for years.. no ranking there... but it gives a lot more replay value, to be able to play for something.. fighting to get ranked or levelled up.

Plz anton, just let me know if it is even possible to add any of this.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

You will probably think Im a moron from saying this, but here we go:

I would HATE to see a ranking/stats system. Sure its fun to compete, but stats systems have a very ugly way of bringing out the WORST in gamers. "Stat-whores" who does everything: dropping out of matches when they lose, cheat, glitch, hack, tamper or anything to keep their precious positions on the leaderboards.

I have been online on Xbox LIVE since day one of the service. And during the first years (until the 360 arrived) it was a pretty pleasant place. When introducing Gamerscore and stats systems for 360-games it was like opening the sewer lids in the streets on Halloween... Out crawls the "1337's", the "Haxxorz" and the "MLG" (nothing wrong with Gamebattles and MLG but most gamers with that tag in their GT's behave like morons - believe me - I've seen a few during my years as Xbox.com Moderator) gamers.

I much rather have FUN playing a game. And I know if Im good, and my friends now if Im good. I dont need to prove it via a stats board (that will get hacked anyway*). Well thats my opinion. I know Im boring. Maybe Ive been online on Xbox LIVE for too long...

* Have a look at the IL-2 ranking atMygamercard.net. The top guy with a 1000/1000GS got there in 2 days. You think he mastered this game that quick and did all the online achievments in TWO DAYS???
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I could not agree more... but I dont think you noticed... I want to see the 'positive' stats. Just kills, wins, accuracy etc. not the deaths, losses etc

So ^^ no reason to bring out the worst in gamers... agreed?

and about the ranking.. make it like COD then.. just levelling up and not down.. so.. the negative things wont affect you.. so no need to play like a child

But my biggest 'need' is for the kill tracking per aircraft.. also in player matches

Last edited by MorgothNL; 09-14-2009 at 07:55 PM.