Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Default Add in campaigns in TF 3.0

I've updated to TF 3.0. Works fine but it won't recognise the campaigns I've installed from Airwarfare. Have I put them in the right folder? Do I need to change the Campaign config? Does TF recognise addin campaigns at all? Thanks in advance for your help.

There are two paths and I admit I'm not sure where new campaigns should be installed:

Documents/1CSoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover -MOD/mission/campaign/

...or..

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign\

The addin campaigns are currently installed in the latter folder but the sim is only recognising Adler Angriff and Cliffs of Dover campaigns. Baffled.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Hi mate. Can't be sure, but if you pop over to the ATAG forums:

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

I'm sure someone can get you up and running really fast

Cheers, MP
Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Campaigns most certainly do work with TF3.00.

Installation of campaigns should be the same as installing normally- the main campaign files go in

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign\

Edit campaign ini as required. -(I suspect this is the step that's going wrong- it usually is).
Infact if you look in the file locations you should see the previously installed campaign files there

The 'Mydocs/.../MODS' location requires a folder with the correct name of the campaign in it (to store campaign progress) - copying the folder you pasted into previous location works (then delete all files in it if you wish- a new state file is generated whenever you start a new campaign).

One question springs to mind- Did you make a backup before (presumably doing a file validition). Steam's file validation is 'mildly annoying': in that it resets the campaign.ini- ie wipes knowledge of any campaigns by the game.

Single players should keep a backup of this 'campaign.ini' file
(and it's always a good habit to make a complete backup before making any changes to any game
Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Sorted. Thanks for your help fellas.