Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
With the size of the map and relatively low numbers of aircraft in the sky. I think that the reflections are a good thing, mainly for those who are on-line pilots. I know that it has given me a new interest to go on-line...I do like the various skins made by the community and will use both games to get some artistic shots to post
So do I! Since the last official patch cames out, I am online as well. But if you use this mod online, don't get you banned on steam? Anybody knows?
thx for replying.

Mysn P501 NB - Win7/64 - I7-2760@2,6Ghz - 8 GigRAM - Gtx485m@2Gig - Res 1920x1080 / 1400x1050 projected
TIR5, Thrustmaster16000, Rudderpedals & Quadrant by Saitek, Belkin n52te-gamepad, modified CyborgUSB-elevatortrim
Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

@Topgum: Dont worry - no issues at all flying with the Team Fusion patch on Steam. Enjoy it, it puts CloD technically, graphically and contentwise on a new level. See you in the online skies!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI View Post
@Topgum: Dont worry - no issues at all flying with the Team Fusion patch on Steam. Enjoy it, it puts CloD technically, graphically and contentwise on a new level. See you in the online skies!
Thank you, DUI, this are great news to me
Maybee we 'll get the OculusRift-headtrackingimplantation when it has it's coming-out one day on that way, too?

Mysn P501 NB - Win7/64 - I7-2760@2,6Ghz - 8 GigRAM - Gtx485m@2Gig - Res 1920x1080 / 1400x1050 projected
TIR5, Thrustmaster16000, Rudderpedals & Quadrant by Saitek, Belkin n52te-gamepad, modified CyborgUSB-elevatortrim
Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post

Oh, and you might want to take a look at your own signature
That's more 'sheen' than shine.

It depends a bit on the type of monitor you are using. The planes don't look too bad on the flat-screen I'm using at the moment. On my home CRT thay look very greasy. And admittedly my home monitor is a bit too dark (even oon max brightness) which doesn't help.

They are just a bit too shiny for me however I look at it though. I prefer a dull matt finish for weathered skins...for most skins actually.

I know some aircraft were shiny in the war. Some weren't.

I'm really very pleased the excess default weathering has been removed from the British fighters though! Well done Mods.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgum View Post
So do I! Since the last official patch cames out, I am online as well. But if you use this mod online, don't get you banned on steam? Anybody knows?
thx for replying.
No, there is no possibility of being banned on Steam, as the Server can determine whether VAC is enabled or not.

In the case of Team Fusion Mods, the server disables VAC, we don't need it because we have our own 'cheat' system which keeps players with mods other than those included in the TF patch from playing.

VAC was never enabled anyway for the original game, people were able to use hacks online and get away with it.

On TF servers, that is not possible, everyone uses the same version.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

In this mod I love:

Clean skins
Trails in the sky
Hi alt fights
109E4N can climb away from anything

I hate

Reflections, when a squadron comes at you it is like attack of the mad disco lights, it just stupid looking.
Spitfires are always higher than me and I can't reach them (this is just my complain, not the mod maybe). Is it worth trying? I thought both 109E4 and Spit II had same ceiling about 36,000? What is the ceilings in the mod?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
In this mod I love:

Clean skins
Trails in the sky
Hi alt fights
109E4N can climb away from anything

I hate

Reflections, when a squadron comes at you it is like attack of the mad disco lights, it just stupid looking.
Spitfires are always higher than me and I can't reach them (this is just my complain, not the mod maybe). Is it worth trying? I thought both 109E4 and Spit II had same ceiling about 36,000? What is the ceilings in the mod?

Leave France from a higher alt...I shot down 3 109N's last night in a Spit I (not Ia) 100 octane on the ATAG server. Of course I had to deal with some nasty girlfriends soon after and didn't have the speed to fully get out of the fight...I spent 10 minutes getting BnZ'd just off Calais. If not for the mission ending my parents would have received a telegram "Mr & Mrs Deacon, we regret to inform you..."
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

I rose to 6000m over France and then all the reports had the enemy at under 500m near France...can't win

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Thx a lot to Team-Fusion for the patch-mod, for your hard work and inspirations.
I just want to give you a little feedback, though I haven't spend any time on bombers.

#1 What I really love are the glints on AC-surfaces in the distance, even though I find that now approaching AC are going to be "invisible" longer than before but I will compare it with the unmoded version - will check it out & and let you now then.

#2 I like the "glossy"FX on my wings very much! If you prefere less, scale it out in the weathering sliders, works fine for me.

#3 The colours over UK are much better, but I would just suggest not to touch the colours of the French side, because weather is warmer here and fields are looking more golden during summertime.

#4 I love the introduction of all the 100-octane-fuel types, especially the 109 4/N is a thick prick. Unfortunately for all those "whiners", who complained the lack of 100oc MKI Hurris and Spits some time ago. Now the empire has stroke back

#5 I like the different Spit- & E4-pits and sure, one day we'll see animated trim wheels and the new flap indicators in the MKI-models will be animated,too.

#6 The rework of the FM is superb, the SU26 is less "helicopteric"/VTOL now and a 109 can loose a wing, because of it seems to be a little bit less sluggish now and it can take faster speed - bad surprise
I could reach the top ceiling with the 109E4/N at 10450m, even when the cooling limit of 78°C (Flea's Database) has been broken by~90°. I haven`t done it with a Spit - I got 31800ft/29900ft in Spit 1A 100Oc in the final -unmodded- patch - I'll let you know.

#7 I really appreciate that you have ironed out the CLOD-altitude bug and you have standardized the atmosphere conditions on 1015mb/760mmhg and 15°C, so I don`t have to deal with altimeter-adjustments a beginning DF in QM. It was a pretty cool event however, to impress some people eventualy around me

#8 Nevertheless, while it is still quite easy in a SpitMKI to climb after take-off and handle the revolutions of 2speedpitchprop, it becomes more and more difficult if you are above 4000ft. Then you can't use the 2nd stage of the pitch anymore without reducing the boost pressure down to somewhat of -/+0 lb/sin. Try this out in the new "Manston"Raid mission! I'm quite curious for my next top ceiling attempts in it. Take care off your cooling temp. Once the prop has stopped spinning, because you didn't, then you wish that the big van in front of you would still revolving and going on
cooling ya
When this is all due to to redesign of FM and atmosphere-density in height and the mass flow conditions in the radiator, than Chapeau for the immersion.

#9 I'm thankful that I can trying to fly blind now, because of you've stopped the icing in the clouds in
standard missions. Otherwise you had to deal with the FM.

#10 The GUI-RL-photos are much better to me than nazis-with-deutsche-Dogge-dogs-pics or "grounded" tanks while I'm waiting for ready-for-take-off.

Last but not least the things I don't like:
#1 The decals of some AC types are disappeared now, here in the photo Spit MK I, but MKII as well, decals enabled, though.
#2 Is there now emergency boost (1,45atü) in the E4/N?
#3 the evetualy longer "invisible mode" off approaching AC, described in #1

This all is said to honour your work. Please take not of that I've just tried it out for some hours, don't get me wrong when my items are not exact ore even wrong in some points, but I'm quite sure that it is a huge step into a very good direction.
TG
109E4_N TFmod 10450m.jpg

spit no decals TFmod.jpg

Last edited by topgum; 03-27-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: corections/adds
Old 03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
VAC was never enabled anyway for the original game, people were able to use hacks online and get away with it.

On TF servers, that is not possible, everyone uses the same version.
Does this means
#1 that therefore you finding somewhere some UFOs on other Servers and
#2 you can use your own skins without risking beeing banned?
Sorry for the offtopic