Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Oleg, please tell us who the publisher is.
It's time now for an ingame video if you are really that close to release and want to make some serious money. Should be the publishers interest, too.
Seeing the oleg is using 1c forum,s,it must be 1c that is publishing it
Old 09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Normally 1C publishes the title for Russia and the former soviet republics. Ubisoft in the past handled pretty much everywhere outside of that. I have a feeling it's gonna be the same this time around, but who distributes the game in Europe and the USA I don't know.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

OMG @ the screenshots and Oleg's comment about the status!

Today I'll start browsing for computer components from the top of the list. Oleg's comment can't mean that there would still be several breakthroughs in CPU & GPU technology before the release and I want to be ready with my über rig, vacation, six pack and a deported family when this baby hits the shelfs!

I'm mesmerized when in the middle of all this fireworks someone can still open up the old rotten can of tracer talk and texture cries. I don't know about you but after what we've been going through the 6 or whatever years of SOW wait I want to be up in the air with it on friday evenings and not drooling over screenshots. It looks fabulous and rich enough with content, whatever will be wrong with it during the release will be fixed in patches as it has been for the past 10 years with IL2. I doubt there will be much unsatisfied customers when they start clicking their new high rest dynamically lit cockpits and hear the spitfire come to life!

Fantastic update and all the best to the home and business fronts and to all the forum inhabitants!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =69.GIAP=TOOZ View Post
Normally 1C publishes the title for Russia and the former soviet republics. Ubisoft in the past handled pretty much everywhere outside of that. I have a feeling it's gonna be the same this time around, but who distributes the game in Europe and the USA I don't know.
Dont mind if its ubisoft,aslong as they dont include the DRM crap
Old 09-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

ONe quick question. I think I remember a couple years ago Oleg mentioned that multiple humans could fly in same plane/bomber is this still the case because I would want to go as tail gunner occasionally and shoot up some fighters now and then??
Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

I doubt it has changed. The free 4.10 patch for Il-2 has this feature btw.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Inside View

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rall View Post
I have one suggestion. I think that when your sitting in the cockpit you should be able to look down and see the pilots legs, feet, right arm with hand on stick and left arm with hand on throttle.

It's just not right to look down & see nothing. Am I right?
I instantly had this one in mind when i red your post
Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Ok, today I would like to say some important.

If you all remember, Il-2 was a sim that was setings some new standards in industry. Not all understand it in the beginning... however all things that were loaded in the engine and even were not using in the beginning - most of them were later working. Some technologies were copied by other deelopers (even not simers), some - still are uniquie.

And what I would like to say... BoB with its first generation will have also many things that probably will be working later in time step by step. But anyway with the first release it will also set some new standards in sim industry for WWII flight sims. Be sure.
We are doning a series from the beginning for the long life o the market, looking back for our expereince in the past, learnig good and bad things of Il-2 series. So now we put a lot of things that wil come in add-ons and new separate titles (for wich we will give ability to instal in the first one... say like was with Pacific fighters... but with more features). Already now there is a process of development for one of the several new sims (with such a feature to merge them).
If everything will be Ok with BoB on the market, then you all will see more and more coming nice titles and add-ons (both free and payware).

Not all things that I personally designed in the past will go in the release of BoB. But you all probably even don't know what was planned and partially already developed...
I dislike to open even partially this info now... simply wait. Don't think you will be dissapointed

X-day... release. This now will depending of publisher... and our fast woks over the bugs.
Bugs are present. The product is probably the most serious in industry in programming of features, internals, etc...
So I can't tell exact date right now. But we are close, very close in our works of final release version... We need to polish all the coming in final release features. I personally wouldn't release the product that have serious bugs that was known. It is our principle in the past.. it is now...

All for today... I need to switch off PC for packing....

Sorry for the errors in message. No time to correct...

Now THIS is meat and potatoes.

What a terrific update! Thanks Oleg.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen View Post
I instantly had this one in mind when i red your post
Ive been harping on that as well. Some people think its more immersive to see an empty cockpit. Or claim its more important to be able to see a non important gauge.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

this is a American gun cam video. is very similar to the armament of British in bob. only a little more big caliber.
look in the second 3 and in the second 20.
the bullets of the machine gun have a little and finest smoke tracer. that still missing in SOW

and i still want my map in cockpit for fighters.

Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff