Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

That whole thing about limiting to no TnT is sooo annoying...the same thing happens in Battlefield games...the server goes, no commanders, no artillery, no this no that...they limit the game to like nothing but infantry weapons. Why not just play the damn game, if the people cant handle thier tanks being blown into metal splinters dont play, but dont limit the use of any tool in the game..if its there you should beable to use it to its fullest effect. If your having trouble w/ guys blowing your rump up with Artillery then try and get some better cover w/ your tanks vision and use old tank crew to man your AA MGs. In Regular games use better infantry cover....however, on that note, limiting to no planes is nice.....AA doesnt track them so they are practically invincible making them very OP. IMO if planes are going to be in the game they should be call in 1 run airstrike like the Bombing Run you get on "Behind Enemy Lines" or "Desert Stronghold" Not some flyable unit that is anti everything
Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
That whole thing about limiting to no TnT is sooo annoying...the same thing happens in Battlefield games...the server goes, no commanders, no artillery, no this no that...they limit the game to like nothing but infantry weapons. Why not just play the damn game, if the people cant handle thier tanks being blown into metal splinters dont play, but dont limit the use of any tool in the game..if its there you should beable to use it to its fullest effect. If your having trouble w/ guys blowing your rump up with Artillery then try and get some better cover w/ your tanks vision and use old tank crew to man your AA MGs. In Regular games use better infantry cover....however, on that note, limiting to no planes is nice.....AA doesnt track them so they are practically invincible making them very OP. IMO if planes are going to be in the game they should be call in 1 run airstrike like the Bombing Run you get on "Behind Enemy Lines" or "Desert Stronghold" Not some flyable unit that is anti everything
I do agree about the 'no art' rule,for three distinct reason's,A;If anything is gonna lagg your game online,its artillary,B;Most people tend to use it to fire on your spawn points,which is both boring & lame,C;Its way over powered from a gaming point of view.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

cant argue that its quite a bit more accurate then it should be....the American M114 155mm can snipe out my tanks from max range, placing it right in my commanders hatch. in BoW mod had an opponenet following my Panzer IV with it. US and Soviet Artillery are snipers while German Artillery isnt haha.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crni vuk View Post
Sometimes you win sometimes you loose I guess.
That i can agree.

i been playing Soldiers: Heroes of World War II and Faces of War long before men of war come out.

and can say that someday your on top of the world in the game and someday you're down on your luck.

the ranking system don't mean that you have good skill is just mean that you play a lot of men of war Multiplayer,

and also is not that hard to change your rank the only thing you have to do is edit some text file.

but anyway is a hit and miss when you're playing Men of War Multiplayer but of course in saying that. is help if you're good in strategy.

like setting up mind and using scout to keep a eye on your enemy movement and if you're lucky you win.

Last edited by SpeedWolf; 05-26-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I've been playing for quite some time now. These feelings have been building up and after a fustrating night I want to see if im alone on this. This game has the worst community for a game I have ever seen.

Never have I played a game filled with people with dial up connections, slow laggy PC's, dodgy internet connections which disconnects, and the most unwelcoming attitude to new players.

Tonight I've spent 20mins trying to get into a game. After 5mins of waiting in the lobby for players to come, the host is afk and so we all wait around for a couple of mins. The game starts and we start loading. Except one of the people has timed out and we're stuck on a 10 minute loading screen to tell us that he's timed out. So the game is restart and the same thing happens 2nd time round.

When we do finally get into the game, some guy rage quits after 5minues of playing.

At least once every other game, someone times out during the loading screen or rage quits early game when things don't go their way. Often you get pros who all stack a team and kick new players who take thier slot, so as you get a team of eg 3 pros (not clanners or anything like that), against 2 one star people and 1 noob. No one has a sense of balance and everyone is more interested in having a steam-roll game.

Another problem which isn't so bad is; from an english speakers point of view, there is such a wide audience of people with such a range of languages that there is no communication in the lobbies as no one can understand each other.

This is exactly why the game should have had a freaking Skirmish Mode.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
cant argue that its quite a bit more accurate then it should be....the American M114 155mm can snipe out my tanks from max range, placing it right in my commanders hatch. in BoW mod had an opponenet following my Panzer IV with it. US and Soviet Artillery are snipers while German Artillery isnt haha.
The M114 is the worst artillery piece I have ever used in game. By the time I finally scored a hit on a tank (which didn't do much but disable it) I had fired all of its ammo.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

it musta gotten alot worse since I used it last then, I sniped out and killed all my dad's tanks w/ it...1 shot, right on the roof, Hull Destroyed..he had like 2 or 3 and they were only like Panzy IIIs and Stug III's but still.....no I dont use aim bots either
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

I doubt M114 is worse then any of the other artilleries. Except for that D1 that seams to be the most accurate.
You where only unlucky, have had games where the artillery haven't hit anything and other where it destroys several tanks.

Don't count on your arty to be tank killers, its mostly for soft targets. Infantry, light armor, cars, AT guns, artillery etc..
Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

I dont use my Arty as anti Tank, in the hopes that it will kill the tanks, its good that arty isnt AT...it would be more retarded if it did kill tanks w/ regularity ..i use it for Anti Artillery and to knock off tracks, break guns and wasting guys behind sandbags.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

I use artillery in Battlezones and Victory Flag. For knocking off tracks and anti infantry and light vehicle I use rockets or AT rifles. You should try the British artillery, its not accurate but it seems to have a fast fire rate.