Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Ali Fish

Default From dust !

my latest purchase for God's sake ! ,to keep me happy for the many months ill be waiting around here !

From Dust. a good game about saving your tribe from the relentless trials of nature.

and this is how i feel about it. 1 hours till release so i made this earlier LOL, i dont envy matt & trey, this image took about 3 hours to contruct from scratch, if only i had there 3d max software lol.

i was going to draw the bargain bin over in the left hand corner but u couldnt make out the il2 cliffs of dover cover very well as it was sitting in it, the bin was overflowing but still you couldnt make the cover out very well at all. lol soz.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 08-17-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Ali Fish

Old 08-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Looks pretty cool kind of reminds me of Black White but about puzzles not conquering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Remindes me of the Populous series, now they were realy good god games
Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Approved Member

i'm waiting for the followings

and this

and this

Salute..
Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Ali Fish

IM JUST WAITING ! lolmmmwahahahhaa, so much fun waiting for good quality products to come to life.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 08-17-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

This looks pretty interesting; definitlely something a bit different from the plethora of FPS games out there. Krupi is right in that I too was strongly reminded of B&W in parts of that preview.

One to watch.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Ali Fish

games not made by peter molyneux are generally better than the alternative. from dust is basicly an elaborate rock paper scissors velociraptor (lol) game, on various dimensional levels

so its..... sand rock water & lava game. but im sure theres some velocipator aspect in there too. lololol....

edit: the game is really nice, moving terrain around, diverting water streams. my first tsunami was rather excellent, a slow land consuming expereince. ! its such a subtle endearing game protecting those pesky tribesmen.There a lemmings feel to it too \o/ \o/ \o/

Last edited by Ali Fish; 08-17-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Ali Fish

so on this level i have to re build the rock wall to protect from the tsunami that raises the water level and breaks through the wall covering the 2nd totem at the bottom of the rock wall. Around my first village you see i have some plants growing, you have to create new ground to grow plants which then attract various animals. and opening new things etc etc.

whilst thats happening, over on the right theres 2 volcanoes spweing this lava out, i use lava to re build the wall. if i drop water on the lava it makes rock so i need to divert the lava away.

the tsunami breaking through,

cant explain how dynamic the physics are,add water to the lava and it creates new rock which the lava then negotiates its way around, the water washes the sand away,3d waves bounce for what seems an eternity , the lava turns to rock as it hits the sea, the island gets bigger constantly. one wrong move and ............

this game is frickkin incredible folks !

Last edited by Ali Fish; 08-18-2011 at 12:51 AM.