Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 12-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

New version 0.1.0.6 available: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

The new version allows to "ready up" and features a overview over the players to see the ready status and the selected aircraft of each player.

Last edited by 41Sqn_Banks; 12-18-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

I really hate co-op because i always felt that all AI in TODAY standards regards home computers are really stupid in combat flight sims.

But voted YES, because some like it!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post

The new version allows to "ready up" and features a overview over the players to see the ready status and the selected aircraft of each player.
Testing.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
I really hate co-op because i always felt that all AI in TODAY standards regards home computers are really stupid in combat flight sims.

But voted YES, because some like it!

Not all CooPs have AI.

Its the CooP interface and mission handling that make CooP preferred choice for online wars and squads.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-18-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Thank you very much! Could you please include a readme.txt explaining how to use the coop lobby into the archive?

EDIT. In case a mission-maker forgets to put AI on idle, could the host-script do this itself? E.g. prohibit AI takeoff before all players are ready?
Is it possible to join a mission in progress and take a seat in one of AI planes? This should be a server-side option I think configurable in some sort of .ini or .txt file.

Last edited by Ataros; 12-18-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here we go: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list

Simply unzip the archive somewhere below the user missions folder (e.g. "C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Co-Op"). Load the mission, start the battle and choose a army.
You are placed into a dummy aircraft. By default the dummys are some Blenheims and Heinkels without guns and fuel, just in case some idiots try to start a riot while waiting for the mission start . If you like you can edit the IL2Coop.mis within the FMB to choose different aircraft types.

Now you can open the mission order menu and select a mission. Use menu entry 8 or 9 to scroll the list.
After a mission was selected you can select an aircraft and position (pilot, gunner, ...). Again use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list.
Now you can start the mission.

Client players only can select an aircraft and position.

Known issues:
- I'm not sure if it is working for clients already, there was no one around to test it
- Not all dummy aircrafts are destroyed when mission is started
- So far I didn't convert the group and aircraft names to more pretty text.
- The army selection doesn't influence the list of available aircrafts. This means you can choose RAF but can select a LW aircraft for the mission.

Source code of course in the archive but also available online here: http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/sou...oop/IL2Coop.cs
Hi Banks,
2 questions
-Can you telll why there are some 12 or more dummy's? Can't it be done with
one dummy?
-what do you mean with "use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list" ? don't have a clue.
I'm very interested in your project. S!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigertooo View Post
Hi Banks,
2 questions
-Can you telll why there are some 12 or more dummy's? Can't it be done with
one dummy?
-what do you mean with "use menu entry 8 and 9 to scroll the list" ? don't have a clue.
I'm very interested in your project. S!
One dummy is not enough as the host and every client needs a free place to be able to access the mission order menu. It would be possible to create the dummy aircraft on demand, i.e. create a dummy if a new client connects that needs a place. For simplicity I used a reasonable amount of fixed dummys to support a large number of clients. To support the displaying of the briefing I think I'll need to create the dummy aircraft on demand to assign them the correct briefing. But this will be in a later release.

The mission menu is limited to 9 entries per "page". For example if you want to select the aircraft, however the mission features 10 aircraft the list of aircrafts has to be split into 2 "pages" to be able to access all aircraft. Therefore the "select aircraft" and "select mission" menu have the entries "8. Page up" and "9 . Page down" to scroll betwenn the different pages. The entry "0. Cancel" is the default entry to go a level up in the previous menu.

Example:

-- Page 1 --
1. Aircraft A (Spitfire)
2. Aircraft B (Spitfire)
3. Aircraft C (Spitfire)
4. Aircraft I (Ju 87)
5. Aircraft J (Ju 87)
6. Aircraft K (Ju 87)
7. Aircraft L (Ju 87)
8. Page Up
9. Page Down

0. Cancle

-- Page 2 -- (displayed if you pressed "9. Page Down")
1. Aircraft M (Ju 87)
2. Aircraft N (Ju 87)
3. Aircraft O (Ju 87)

8. Page Up
9. Page Down

0. Cancel

Last edited by 41Sqn_Banks; 12-19-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Default IL2Coop: A co-op lobby for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/il2coop/downloads/list
Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Interesting! :-p
Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Thank you very much! Could you please include a readme.txt explaining how to use the coop lobby into the archive?

EDIT. In case a mission-maker forgets to put AI on idle, could the host-script do this itself? E.g. prohibit AI takeoff before all players are ready?
Is it possible to join a mission in progress and take a seat in one of AI planes? This should be a server-side option I think configurable in some sort of .ini or .txt file.
Yes readme will be included in future. I think I may even create a installer.

About setting the AI on idle: Definitly possible with really small effort. However ... setting the group on idle is not a good idea if it has airstart and is used by human pilots. The AI will circle around the first waypoint, but the human pilots will already fly around. Thats why the aircrafts are selected in the "lobby mission" before the mission starts. So there is no need to set them on idle.

To join in progress could be made possible. Maybe I can read the values from the difficulty setting to determine if it is allowed. I think I also could make it possible to be able to rejoin into the same aircraft if a client disconnected due to timeout/launcher crash.

I also have some ideas how to make it possible to read the briefing from within the "lobby mission".

But well ... it's time to fly some coops first
Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Banks,
a bit enlightenent so far but standing by for further progress
thanks again,