Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

Get them to nibble on the console hook and maybe they can be reeled in onto the computer for BoB.

If not them at least there's a bit more money gleened off 1C/Maddox' engine.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Approved Member

Good ideia IL-2 start in consoles too, this will help the SOW start and show to the next generations interest for IL-2 and simulation war2 planes.

PS: 4.09 NEWS or prevision?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

This is probably the best thing that could happen for the flight simulation genre.

BOP will have fairly high realism at the highest settings but the biggest strength is that players won't need to buy extra gear.

There will be those who will get well and truly hooked and will look to go further and will find out about HOTAS and TrackIR - which only work on PC's (i would LOVE for CH and Naturalpoint to change this).
Old 06-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
This is probably the best thing that could happen for the flight simulation genre.

BOP will have fairly high realism at the highest settings but the biggest strength is that players won't need to buy extra gear.

There will be those who will get well and truly hooked and will look to go further and will find out about HOTAS and TrackIR - which only work on PC's (i would LOVE for CH and Naturalpoint to change this).
it really is , i have been waiting for flight sims to arrive on consoles for quite some time and i would never have expected it to be IL2
Old 07-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

First time post for me here. I'm an xbox 360 guy and I am so pumped about this sim...more so than any other game out there right now. I never really got into the pc sims for whatever reason but this seems so cool. A nice change from the arcadey missile fests on the console now. I happy to see something that will require some real dogfighting and skill (Whether or not I have any remains to be seen. LOL). I love WW2 aircraft and I can see myself just getting absorbed. I can't wait.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I agree... Not only that with a limited 8 player multiplayer...
Old 07-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Approved Member

nice to see that things are still moving well along over here...this is a spirited conversation.

I look forward to the console version - it looks fantastic.

Consoles with their streamlined dedication to gaming and lack of bulky, balky O/S's are perfect for fluid flight simulation - I cant wait to see this on a 60" 1080p HD screen...besides - soon enough some intrepid entrepreneur will realise that pedals and Tir and a decent J/S for the consoles is something to develope and market.

the Sandman...
Old 07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Well, if not the JS and associated controllers, then likely TIR. I'd expect them to be one of the first to port their product for acceptable PS3 use. It really just makes sense anyway because the lack of diverse genres for consoles (mostly first-person shooters reign), one of the basic reasons I don't like them are the klunky view-controls.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
Its the IL2 engine.
It is not. Please, do not confuse others.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxCorvan View Post
The console gamer will still need to buy a PC to have a decent flight simulator.

This thing is just a stunning looking arcade. Like most console stuff.
If your opinion is based on power then you should be aware that the raw power of todays consoles will exceed a high percentage of this communities PCs. And it would certainly crush any of those playing this sim in 2001. Fact is you can have a simulation on a console just as easy if not easier on a console. Will people buy it? I believe they will and I believe it could be one of the best things to happen to aviation sims in a long time.

S!