Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deovis View Post
did you noted that Birds of Prey use the SOW_BOB 3d engine? Amazing!!!

I hope it will run so smooth also on PCs!Ehehehe
Its the IL2 engine.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Yup, IL2 engine, and the game was not developed by Oleg. I'm hoping Oleg did get a good fee for his engine though.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

It'd be pretty danged awesome if that developer would release new patches or something to polish up our IL2 to those visual standards since, well, they have the source code now!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJ_rsm View Post
It'd be pretty danged awesome if that developer would release new patches or something to polish up our IL2 to those visual standards since, well, they have the source code now!
Well, I don't think they would do that for free. They're another company, even if it's possible to do that -I still doubt that is merely a refurbished Il-2 engine- they're not going to freely release such an "overhaul" for an old game just to keep us happy.

If they do, they should be paid for it. And it would be fantastic, I'd buy it. But, on the other side... I hope not. Because that would mean 1C is not going to release SoW anytime soon, since they would be selling competing products in a very limited niche market.

That BoP may be for PC also disturbs me quite a bit... even if it's not SoW/Maddox related. Because, why should 1C release a BoB sim product if they really think SoW is waiting in line for them to distribute?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

That's all true

Still, it would be pretty cool and I'd still pay for it. Even if the possible competition between Gaijin and Maddox is a matter of concern (purely hypothetical speak here since we don't even know what Gaijin plans for the PC market), it would be a SHAME not to stretch the engine of our IL2 and let it die when it has been clearly shown to us the possible extents of its capabilities.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Why are you talking about BoP being released on the pc? The game has only been announced for consoles. Is this speculation or do any of you have any facts about this?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

folks, why rain on the console people's parade ?

they are getting a great new sim for their platform, and all *the usual suspects* here seem to do is post snide remarks and trying to make the newcomers feel unwelcome.

the console users are getting il2/BoB on their 50' living room plasma's long before the rest of the pc crowd gets a sniff of it on their puny desktop monitors, and we are still living on promises and good faith (which is starting to run thin).

have a look at something like this on your hidef plasma, http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/scre...Birds-of-Prey/ , add some hotas (yes they exist for consoles) and there will be many new happy bunnies flying the friendly skies.

btw the console version also has a specific release date, good luck to them !

Last edited by zapatista; 06-08-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxCorvan View Post
And they're making it also for the Nintendo DS. Oh, yeah, they sure will implement CEM and all... I'm longing to plug my pedals and TIR to the DS...
I'm sure the DS one won't even have the simulation modes. DS hardware isn't even as strong as a Sega Saturn, it's about equal to a PC from 1995 at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
Just HOW are they going to imlement 100+ different controls on an XBox gamepad?
Maybe just USB keyboard support? All 360 games have USB keyboard support for text entry, and some games like Phantasy Star Online and FF11 have gameplay support with them too. It makes a lot of sense.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenFre View Post
Why are you talking about BoP being released on the pc? The game has only been announced for consoles. Is this speculation or do any of you have any facts about this?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3418
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

guys , they said in the previews that it would have joystic support

so chances are we can use our x52's from ace combat aswell as what ever they plan to package with the game

stop being such negative nancys about a console game

its not like oleg is going to stop work on BOB becaus of it.... (even though this new console game will sell fuckloads of copies)