Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 02-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
Add the He-59C-2 to the list of important ASR types. It was specifically designed as an ASR plane and was used from 1939-44 on all fronts.

It also occurs to me that rather than having a wish list which will eventually extend to every plane designed from 1930-1950, that it would be more useful to group planes and other units by year, map, and role to create "modules." For example, the "must have" list of planes for a Battle of France map is very different from the "must have" list for a 1942 Bay of Biscay map, a 1943 Yunnan China map, or a 1945 Berlin map.

It might also be helpful to plane builders to designate which plane models shared identical cockpits or crew stations, or identical external models. That allows developers to focus work on planes which just need different cockpits or crew stations, or - even better - those which just require tweaks to FM and DM models.
You are actually reaching the same conclusions Oleg made public on his last year with cliffs of Dover. He was right, be sure.

Problem was that his baby growed too big, and too fast. And they were all eager to get into a brush in between types. After achieving maturity, you look at your baby, and you realize that it should have developed differently.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
Problem was that his baby growed too big, and too fast. And they were all eager to get into a brush in between types. After achieving maturity, you look at your baby, and you realize that it should have developed differently.
Choices that developers make when producing a new sim often limit its future growth. IL2 has been pushed in directions that it was never intended to go, so it's showing some strain.

It's a testament to just how good the game is that it's still going strong after more than a decade.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Vought OS2U Kingfisher
Old 02-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Vought OS2U Kingfisher
read the third post in this thread.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Make following flyable:
TBD-1
Swordfish
Add an arrestor hook to Hurricane to make Sea Hurricane.

Just a dream I know. Wished I knew something about modeling and could help, but I haven't the slightest of clues how to do any of that stuff.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

+1 for the Sea Hurricane
Old 02-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Spitfairy Mk.I, machine guns only
It would be ok, since gun sounds can be customized.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfailure View Post
read the third post in this thread.
Vought is not owned by Northrop Grumman, as far as I know.

It operates as Vought Aircraft Industries, Inc - so comment in third post is not relevant.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheshouse View Post
Vought is not owned by Northrop Grumman, as far as I know.
At one point Vought was associated with Northrop, before the merger with Grumman.

Depending on the wording of the consent decree, 1c/TD might be prevented from (further) modeling of ANY vehicle ever produced/modified/owned/whatever by any precursor companies of the evil that is Northrop-Grumman. We'll never know, since the exact terms of the decree are secret.

So, technically you might be right, but it might not make any difference with respect to IL2. Only the TD folks can tell us what the actual situation is.

I'd love to be wrong about Vought, since in addition to the OS2U, it would be very easy to modify existing Corsair variants to round out the Corsair family (Corsair Mk.I > F4U-1, modify F4U-1A to get F4U-4 and F4U-4C).

The Mk.I to F4U-1 conversion might not be necessary if the two planes were identical, otherwise all that's needed is different gauges in the cockpit.

The F4U-1A to F4U-4 conversion would require some external modeling work, some skinning changes, a new instrument panel, and FM and DM changes. Halfway to being a new airplane.

If you want to be absolutely completist about very WW2-era Vought plane ever built which saw combat service, add the SB2U Vindicator and O2U Corsair to the mix. The former served as hapless targets during the Battle of France and at Midway. The latter served as hapless targets in China.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
If you want to be absolutely completist about very WW2-era Vought plane ever built which saw combat service, add the SB2U Vindicator and O2U Corsair to the mix. The former served as hapless targets during the Battle of France and at Midway. The latter served as hapless targets in China.
I wouldn't say VMSB-241 Vindicators were helpless at Midway. They couldn't keep up with the SBDs and hit the Japanese carriers, but were able to assist in the sinking of Japanese cruiser, despite being in shall we less than ideal flying condition.

I realize it will probably never be in the game, but nice to dream about, to complete my midway mission.