Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Default The "Bale Out" option.....Why ?

Can find much on the forum threads about this so i was wondering ........

Whats the option to bale out for......? . When someone is busy choppin by butt to bits I am in pure survival mode let alone find the time to locate the right buttons to do it ! . Am i missing something ?....dont think i have seen anyone do it in a game either .
Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Well about the only time I use it is when I've worked my way too far away from the action and simply don't want to take the time to fly all the way back in arcade. Bail out and respawn near where I want to be. I'd imagine it gets more use in Realistic and Sim where damage effects performance?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffMonk View Post
Well about the only time I use it is when I've worked my way too far away from the action and simply don't want to take the time to fly all the way back in arcade. Bail out and respawn near where I want to be. I'd imagine it gets more use in Realistic and Sim where damage effects performance?
It does. If your badly damaged and are about as useless as a chocolate coffee mug with more holes in than a Swiss cheese - that's when you use it. It doesn't bring up a message saying "XXXX" bailed out, though. It just says "XXXX" killed "XXXX" or "XXXX" crashed. Hope this helps
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Bailing has long been encouraged by the dedicated members of this comunity for a long time.
Number 1 due to lag issues bailing more often then not results in a kill being awared to the person who blasted you crashing often robs the other player .

Number 2 realisticly no one would stay in a crippled aircraft or ride it in to the ground . law of self preservation. That and aircraft were easier to replace then crew. That is one thing that helped the brits in the Battle of Britian . Aircrew who bailed often survived and were back in the air quickly perhaps that same day. German aircraft downed not only lost plane but a trained crew as well.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

All mentioned above is true. Though it should be noted that bailing out only rewards kills to those responsible for the damage, that has made you bail out on the ps3. It has the opposite effect on the xbox ( i may be wrong here, xbox guys help me out! ) robbing said damager of his kill and recording a crash instead.
The bailing out code on the ps3 is a sort of gentlemens agreement and is not upheld by all players. Most of the ps3 players you see on this forum will bail out for you if you have crippled their aircraft.

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcorp View Post
It has the opposite effect on the xbox ( i may be wrong here, xbox guys help me out! )
Same on Xbox, Bail out quickly = Kill awarded to perpetrator of your sad demise - if you are a gentleman and a sport that is!

I ain't one, should have done a better job when I was in their sights......
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Approved Member

Wildboar if your playing arcade you don't really need to worry about it it becomes a problem in realistic and sim where a plane get shot up then tumbles to the ground out of control then crashes where as if you bail it gives the person who shot you up a kill if you don't bail in realistic and sim you will make many enemies very fast
Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
Wildboar if your playing arcade you don't really need to worry about it it becomes a problem in realistic and sim where a plane get shot up then tumbles to the ground out of control then crashes where as if you bail it gives the person who shot you up a kill if you don't bail in realistic and sim you will make many enemies very fast
Wouldnt necessarily say sim as the recent tournament demonstrates based on it's 'minimum number of deaths' to score the players. Agree wholehearted with realistic where to not bail is both considered ungentlemanly and to a degree only done by cheats (not wishing to nom names). Most guys will request politely to new or unknown players that bailing is required and to subsequently then ignore this will as mav points out result in said player being targeted by other players.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Same on Xbox, Bail out quickly = Kill awarded to perpetrator of your sad demise - if you are a gentleman and a sport that is!

I ain't one, should have done a better job when I was in their sights......
Touch'e
Old 02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Seriously though, the lower you fly the less chance of a bail out and a 'kill' is usually awarded anyway if enough damage is done. The game appears to score on a 'timeout' basis' - if you can keep the ac flying for a period of time then 'crash' or bail out' no kill is awarded. Its a flawed scoring system which relies on the player 'bailing out' very quickly to give the kill to his opponent. The best approach is accurate gunnery rather than the reliance of honesty!