Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the offers people but I've tried sim and feel it so constricting and slow (and very hard to control).
I was just asking if a similar thing might be done in arcade mode so that you get more action and a better sense of the battle going on around you.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

sounds to good to miss lads i'll be there
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

nice idea McQ59!!!

what do u think about a night blitz,with a squadron of heinkel 111 attack and a squadron of "night " hurricanne and blenheim defend the home?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Congratulations McQ,

on what you've started here! Since you did start, perhaps you should take the lead in this. How about if you work out one weekly scenario and announce it during the week, together with a time? Saturday evening could work out for me, better even a relaxed Sunday afternoons/evenings with BOP.

I also suggest that you ask people to reply to your weekly invitations so it's sure everyone understands what the scenario is. Also, that games should start from the text chat. This ensures questions can be answered, teams assembled and rooms for the appropriate number of players opened which can then fill instantly with the correct players.

MAC
I'm not sure if I'm the guy that can be the best organizer here, but I can open the dance by inviting to the textchat and hosting some games. I think the main thing in the start here is to establish a good groupo of players to take it on. I think things maybe will sort out due to the interest the first weeks. Both saturdays and lazy sunday afternoons are perfect I think.

The suggestion on starting the games from the textchat is very good. Thats the "Briefingroom". Every player that wants to be a part of the mission has to be present there before we take off. I suggest we put the bar on "Can be done" the first few missions, and then highten the level off both type off mission and rules as we see how this develops?

All you guys that don't have me on theire friendslist please send me a request. I really don't know if I got you all there, but I'll do a little "cleansing" and make room if thats necessary.

I'll be on late evening/tonight about 0800'ish UK, and will set up a textchat and send invites to the pilots I see on. My internetconnection might be able to carry 16, but 14 for sure. Let's see what happends!

Tally-ho!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olife View Post
nice idea McQ59!!!

what do u think about a night blitz,with a squadron of heinkel 111 attack and a squadron of "night " hurricanne and blenheim defend the home?
Love the idea Olife. It's great fun with nightsettings and clear weather. That's absolute an option if you ask me. Let's see how the squadrons react
Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perunasalaatti View Post
great idea McQ!
These themebattles could be fun! Me110 & 262 against b17s in berlin... Combinations are almost unlimited. And if played with no radar, plane maneuvrebility doesn't matter so much.
We'we done something similar a cpl of times and it was a blast! I'm deff up to try your scenario here.

As I replied to MAC... I think it's important to put the bar low in the first few missions, and then highten the level as it seems possible along the way. Suggest we start with few rules and see what happens.I think we are denpendent on the dicipline and what happens in the "Briefingroom". Most off you guys are highly skilled vets, but it would be nice to recruit a few from the other two modes too. I'm thinking of the radar, sensitivity and general difficulty. All in due time...
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grislawskijg52 View Post
Please add me, on CST but would love to participate.. A good idea would be Stuka, 110s, e-3 going after shipping in the channel ie. Kanalkampf..No hud sounds great...Stukas and 110s getting bounced
Thanks bud! Good idea. Send me a friendrequest.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

I've set up a social group where we can formulate ideas as well as lay down some ground rules. Anyone who wishes to join let me know and I'll drop the invite.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

This sounds great McQ, prescheduled matches with similiar settings.

HUD off and maybe the flight leader(s) is allowed to check map every now and then?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

I personally am a little disappointed.Once again sim seems to be THE organized form of gameplay.Good idea though Q.Have fun!