Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Default Water Take-Offs

Did this by accident at first, flew low over the Channel (as in 5 feet or so) and landed in the water but managed to take-off again. However, in a propellor plane the prop stops quite quickly.
The rocket plane is impossible to get back into the sky after touching the water.
Withe 262 jet however, the jets stop but the momentum gained by pointing slightly down regains the speed needed to climb easily higher than the height you lost.

Useful or not?
Pretend to die by crashing then astonish your enemy by flying straight back up and killing them!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Useful or not?
Pretend to die by crashing then astonish your enemy by flying straight back up and killing them![/QUOTE]

Ah come on now, I've really heard it all now ! LOL is this a wind-up ! I have to admit it's happened me a few times whilst trying to skim the waves in Strike on the way out to the ships but never in a million years would I consider this to be a bold move on my behalf to launch from the oceans like some kind of flying Lasarus and take out my bewildered persuists.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

I'd say not!

'flying lasarus' -genius Irishjg!!!

Last edited by Gilly; 02-02-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

You've got to admit though, it would be funny if it worked.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

I think the craziest fluke I've managed to pull off was whilst attempting to capture an airfield sitting there watching an aircraft approach from my 12 o clock about 2km out and approaching fast was my would be killer. I thought the angle looked about right so fired up a rocket at him and to my (and probably his) disbelief blew him to bits. It was one of those "did that actually just happen" moments that I think would be lucky for me to do ever again.