Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

I thought I had a scent of something a cpl of hours ago. In the simguys questionthread... Could be my radar playing me.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legendary Spitfire View Post
I have the B-17 and use it in Dogfights and Strike and its defensive armanent and bomb load are a little excessive. 1 bombing run almost annihilates a target and it can shoot down almost anything that gets close unless rockets are used. It can even be used in CTA although it is a bit of a target if stationary on the ground.
Is it a gamebreaker? Maybe not with 50 wins to unlock but 30 or even 20 like it seemed to unlock after for me is very little for such a powerful force.
Gamebreaker? Naaaah it's easy to shoot down flying a K4 or Me or He 162 booming and zooming from above, just aim at one of its 4 engine and game over. It's also very easy to ignore them during online games. But i feel like a boring thing to do. Oh, yes, rockets works perfect too against that flying dinosaur.

It's super fun during strike, maybe if both team have a couple in game balancing the match, or might be fun trying to defend him against attacking planes, or might be fun using it in some "creative" way like.... uhm... flying races along berlin canal , or some low pass under bridges...

I personally ignore ( ignore = not engage in fight ) players that choose a bomber ( bomber = plane displayed as a triangle instead of a dot on map ) in a team battle or dogfight game. Mainly because the auto gunner feature is always used by unfair or new players, but also because it's just a waste of bullet and fun shooting and chasing them, i prefer playing against fighters it's much more fun and challenging. In my opinion!

Have Fun!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

ya know doesnt that just take the cake. you fly all day without so much as seeing a bird. but once the beans and wieners are hot and about to be served by the waiter, the damn japs attack.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

The other week i was playing On a strike mission, i was ina defensive position and went after a enemy b-17. I lost horrifically.