Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

IMO b-17s in anything but strike are used by unskilled players who cant get kills with fighters they rely on others stupidity to follow right behing them and tail gun them and 13 muchineguns and the heaviest armor in the game i personaly love to fight them they are a huge easy target as long as your not a idiot and "some" b17 flyers get very angry and sends you lots of rediculas letters explaining a ton of excuses as to why they lose lol
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

I agree 100% maverick some b17 flyers!(not pilots)won't play with me anymore because i 'cheat' but i still get a good laugh at all the hatemail.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawohlmeinfuhrer View Post
anyway the b-17 is a great bomber, in the game and historically. no other bomber matched up.
i wouldnt exactly say a lancaster or a b 29 couldnt match it.

dont want anyone getting in trouble and banned so remember the warning...

'thou shalt not mention the name that i canst not mention. if thoust does mention thy name thou shalt be visited by the viking of dissaproval"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vikingv.jpg (52.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by bobbysocks; 01-18-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawohlmeinfuhrer View Post
hey gilly. I'm not trying to start something but i just want to say this. you said constantly on the last forum that a certain b-17 player is female and making fun of him and his b-17, but i see that you too were good friends.
Appreciate that being behind Brigg, Branko and myself can be a fairly 'hot' place to be and with gunfire and burning engines and now and again it happens.
apparently you still have some feelings for him. some unresolved issues maybe. anyway the b-17 is a great bomber, in the game and historically. no other bomber matched up.
Im not even going to take the time to reply to you. Yet another ID and one i find very offensive.
You do have a short memory whoever you are as last time you posted you wished maverick to stand in a landmine. Sicko.

Apologies to the rest of the real friends and decent pilots here as another thread decends downwards.
If I ever needed a reason to park the Enzo and dust off the spit, this is it!

Last edited by Gilly; 01-19-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

good idea not to mention "that name" i got hatemail literally seconds after my post lol
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

I am shocked!! appalled! say it aint so Joe....
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

I've had the pleasure of a 1 on 1 with the famous B17 once. And only once. Will never do that mistake again. After downing the bird in a classic b&z, the operator quitted and I got the blizzard of sh... directly. And an azzfull of random buzz for weeks. Now it leaves the lobby when I enter. Thank dog!

The B17 is a beauty in strike. It's a crutch in the other modes. Bombers should be operated by bomberpilots.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

I don't see the point in hatemail, particularly not if you are rubbish enough to fail to at least do some damage to the pursueing plane. When someone finally had the sense to use rockets against me, did I quit and send him hatemail? No, but it was painful to play and then I, honestly, lost connection. I did not hate him, but instead commended him (though I didn't send him any messages as that would just be weird).
Other B-17 pilots such as Branko are good with the plane so it isn't rubbish although rockets are an almost sure-fire kill. (I had Branko as a friend and they deleted me because I fired 1 rocket at them which didn't even get close)

Only noobs send hatemail, like I received a petulant message from someone telling me 3 against 2. Yes that was a reason for me winning but they had a total of 16000lbs of bombs on their team and my team had approx 3000. Only choose a bomber if you can use it.

Last edited by The Legendary Spitfire; 01-19-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

(Guess who had bombed my psn-box with rubbish&abuse when I came home from work today)

Imo it's not the planes that are gamebreakers. It's the loonies and the quitters.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Zick View Post
(Guess who had bombed my psn-box with rubbish&abuse when I came home from work today)

Imo it's not the planes that are gamebreakers. It's the loonies and the quitters.
Best advice I'd give is press triangle on each message and then report. If enough do it it'll get banned. I've done it with every abusive message.

Last edited by Gilly; 01-19-2011 at 10:31 PM.