Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Technical Issues

Technical Issues Having problems with launching or running a Fulqrum Publishing game on your hardware? Try asking other gamers, they may know the answer.
For Fulqrum Publishing technical support, send us an email.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Default TOW Korea. Hyperthreading and turbo boost technology

I've been trying to get the most out of my laptop and its just not happening.

So I have a few questions to the developers... please bear with me im not a total pc geek.

It would seem to me that the game is coded to run on multi core processors but not coded to utilize hyperthreading technology. Is this a correct assumption?

The reason I ask this is because I have been observing my system resources etc to see exactly whats going on with my pc. I have an i7 Q740 @ 1.73 ghz and when running the game I see that the game is only using 4 physical cores and once in awhile i will get a small insignificant spike on one of the virtual cores.

What also bothers me is I also see that sometimes the game will switch from running on the 7th core to the 8th which would be the virtual core. Why does this occur?

Also if im turbo boost by 21x i get almost 2.9ghz speed on each core. So I'm lagging so much on the game. Any of you pc gurus care to chime in?

Does it just come down to this game being not really well optimzed for new technology?