Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Mods

Mods Mods for RNR

Old 06-01-2010, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

That wouldn't be a mod. That would be a completely new game >.>
Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 AM
centy2010

Already if someone can
- remove racing system and keep delivery system (no countdown ).
- add fatigue ( I didn't try better than novice level so don't know if it's in RnR)
- add Traffic lights
- make another police system than --> accident = police

This would be a very good mod
Old 06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

to be honest there is a fatigue system. i was driving in game for 25 hours straight and me truck carrened out of control. i didn't crash buts every time i steered the wheel was a bit swaayiy. i went to a motel and back to normal again
Old 06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
centy2010

USA Trucker,

I make no confusion between modding a game or having an expansion.

1) Expansion is made by the company who issued the game or a company who bought the license of a game.
2) Mods are made by users and are free.

Sometimes expansion are made from the source of a mod.

Mod can totally modify the game play of a game and change all the rules of the game.

FYI ==> Check Warcraft III modding, CounterStrike Source modding and so on.

Example they did a First Person Shooter from Warcraft III, a tower defense ....

Last edited by centy2010; 06-03-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Well i realise that but this game i supposed to be a sequel right? If you liked the first ones this one should be the same with more features. The racing system i love because for me it keeps my attention.

But a mod to add traffic lights would be nice. And wouldnt that require a lot of coding to re work the AI?

Oh and lets change how fast the trucks change lanes and fix the physics, or at least the collision. I hate getting almost to a delivry and have an opponent ram into you sending both trailers on their sides and glitch.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

I would like to have more options with the CB. Such as "What's the weather like up ahead?", "Any smokies up ahead?", and "How's the traffic?" Things of that nature. Even "Where's a good place to sleep, or eat around here?", and someone came back, and gave you a location, price, and what they serve (special of the day) at a truck-stop reasonably close to where you are. Just to add a bit more flavor to the game.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

also your character dozing would be nice, now you don't have to sleep or eat at all lol, too bad because they made all those nice truckstops...

But again, this isn't a hard simulator...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Forcing your driver to rest during a 24 hour period would also be nice like they do in real-life, but I think this would screw up the missions, story-line, and long distance time limits for deliveries. So to me the motels are pretty much useless. We also could use more activity in the truck-stops. It's pretty boring as it is.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

I'm glad that they don't make you sleep, I hated that in 18wos too. Every ten minutes you start dozing, it really breaks up the continuity in gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackop2 View Post
Well i realise that but this game i supposed to be a sequel right? If you liked the first ones this one should be the same with more features. The racing system i love because for me it keeps my attention.

But a mod to add traffic lights would be nice. And wouldnt that require a lot of coding to re work the AI?

Oh and lets change how fast the trucks change lanes and fix the physics, or at least the collision. I hate getting almost to a delivry and have an opponent ram into you sending both trailers on their sides and glitch.
Without the time limit and racing the game would have no real challenge.

Traffic lights shouldn't take too much to be implemented, but then it all depends on how the ai is wired, maybe its 10 minutes to modify it to work with lights maybe it has to be rewritten almost from scratch. Programming is a tricky business, and programmers like to take shortcuts, and usually these shortcuts mean that some routines are only made to a level that it works as it is, but putting in new features would mean rewriting almost from scratch. It's hard to explain to a non-programmer, but its like you have a calculator that always gives a result that is 2 more than the correct value. And instead of fixing the error in the calculator you just add a line of code at the end that subtracts 2 from the result. It all depends on how clean the code of the ai is. Anyway I doubt the developers are planning to implement the feature and the game won't be opensource anytime soon or ever for that matter. So I don't think we'll see any significant modifications regarding the code.

I'm just hoping that this one is more mod friendly as kotr was, afaik it was impossible to modify anything in that game.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-13-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

I thought i saw somewhere that traffic lights and stuff will be in an expansion to the game. hmm