Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:21 PM
machoo

Default Will we get a proper DCG?

I really enjoy playing this , but my attention lasts for only the length of a mission before quitting as you have no incentive to keep on playing. In the loop will we be getting a proper dynamic campaign where aircraft numbers count , buildings stay destroyed , your squadron has pilot names , KIA lists , movable front lines ect ect?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

+1
Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

+1000

I have to say the game is running good for me and for many others. I am aware that the devs are still working to streamline the graphics engine and to fix other things, which is great and much needed generally.

However besides playability content is what makes a sim like this live and breathe and there is no better content than a good DCG since it adds pretty much infinite replayability.

While we are hoping for an official comprehensive DCG it is very worth checking out IL2DCE from this forum and The Enlightened Florist's DCG on airwarfare.com.

In the end it might be very possible that the DCG we all want will come from the community.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Yes +1. I mean with all respect "TheEnlightenedFlorists" DCG is great and I've been flying it for the past several weeks... but it seems rather bland. I have a hard time flying more than 1 or 2 short missions in one sitting because I just lose all excitement.

But surely in the near future we will get a good DCG. Whether from the devs or from the mod community it will happen, be sure!
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 10-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

+1000
Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

2 dynamic campaigns are available in the FMB section (by TEF and Banks).

For great static ones please check out a link #1 in my sig (or a sticky on top of the page).
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
The tools are there guys, get to it, and the community will thank you. Devs are giving us the engine and the tools, all that stands between us and said campaign are imagination, a little work, and motivation.
I most certainly would, but, sorry no excuse just the reason, I do have a family and a job and lacking knowledge on how to do it. So I am afraid I will just be someone taking advantage of the efforts of others, I do appreciate the two DCs available though really.

How about you cheesehawk?

Reading the latest post in the IL2DCE thread by banks makes me believe that he is working hard to realize a comprehensive DCG in the end and maybe he'll be to CoD what Lowengrin was to IL2 1946 .
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Sorry but in one single mission the buildings do not get destroyed by bombs how shall it be so in a campaign?

Have a fun game.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

I believe there are way to many bugs yet which prohibits anyone to make a fully working dynamic campaign but there are a few working on it. As of now we should be happy with the fact that we do have a couple of semi-dynamic campaigns working. Just give them time

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.