Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames

Fulqrum PublishingGames Discuss Fulqrum Publishing games not listed below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Ascension To The Throne

Hello everyone, I know that it's not a proper way to start my first post with a new topic, but I got my hands on that nice game recently, and I wanted to write that I'm impressed!. Maybe it's not a Bioshock+Fallout+HoMMV but it has one thing that not many nowadays games have - playability. It feels like good ol' times of Disciples: Sacred Lands (I mean first part) or other Heroes... I like it a lot, and thank You for Your effort!
Now, some questions, and hopefully some answers as well

I'm not asking for expansion packs, but is it possible to release some kind of a patch anytime soon?
Two main problems I've encountered are the lack of "chose difficulty" option - when I left first province I had a bit of a challenge near haunted abbey (place close to where You can hire Grizzlies), but that's about when I stopped having problems with warfare at all, all I needed to do is to place fast units on left side (facing the enemy), and from every encountered chest take authority bonus. If there would be any option to balance that - like less authority/gold chests (btw, who will pick gold when one can get gold from every battle, whereas authority cannot be gain so easily?), harder opponents on higher levels, something like that.

Second is the interface. I got used to it but it's still a bit annoying not to have any shortcuts for casting, waiting, skipping turn, and I'm left handed - wsad for movement is really for righthanded...

Also, there are few things more - first of all, characters can join Your army even if one doesn't have the authority for that. Normally it can;t be done, but if recruiting is due to dialogue (like after dealing with amazons, one can start conversation with amazons in the castle and convince them to join Your army. And You end up with them and, say -278 authority... Not my style, but it allows a LOT bigger army that way...

..And why I can't wait with my units at the beggining of the battle? I can only "skip turn", "wait" shows up only after my first turn, and after that it's not that necessary.

-units speed.

Nearly all units are able to reach enemy ranks at the first turn. True, it adds dynamic to battle, but also creates craving for faster units, rendering medium speed and slower units useless. Usually my medium speed hero had one last enemy to wipe with a fireball etc.
Speed changes by three tiles, but same goes for rings and armors. Why? It says +1 speed and all my "fast" units are "very fast". With speed bonus I'm almost invincible - noone stays there to hit me back. Maybe increase it by +1 only - units are actually faster and they will start before the enemy, but speeded medium units (9+1=10) won't kill opponent's fast units (speed 12)?
It seems to strong imho.

Is there any chance to implement or rebalance this game or is it just a cheap, mass-producted title that is done, sold and forgotten?

P.S. After a while (I'm currently reconquering my original lands) I have to many skill points to spend (I have thousands of life, strenght, magic power etc and still about 70 points to spend) and way to much gold (250k). Thoughts?
P.P.S. Thank You all for possible answers