Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Default LOD Damage Viewer

Might there by chance be any type of third party LOD model viewer for the differing damage models in IL-2 1946?

Last edited by TexasJG; 06-18-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

You might find something here >

http://www.smsp.org/il2/3d_modeling_bible/index.html

Or contact them directly in the "Community" section.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Perhaps the biggest problem I've had with IL-2 has been the LOD's, possibly in conjunction with my far less than perfect-capable graphics hardware.

Approaching a perfectly visible target when at about 400m it simply disappears while I watch forced me into using limited range and info icons because what's the choice? Next time I see, he's turned into me and I go from lining up a shot to late-reacting.

It can be really hard to find a plane in the sky from another plane even when the 'target' is not camo painted, but generally once you find them in clear sky they don't disappear while you watch at close range in MILES or less.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGunz View Post
Perhaps the biggest problem I've had with IL-2 has been the LOD's, possibly in conjunction with my far less than perfect-capable graphics hardware.

Approaching a perfectly visible target when at about 400m it simply disappears while I watch forced me into using limited range and info icons because what's the choice? Next time I see, he's turned into me and I go from lining up a shot to late-reacting.
In 12+ years of playing IL-2, I've never experienced this...it sounds awful. I've had several computers and a number of different graphic cards, so as you mentioned, it may be something on your end.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviar View Post
In 12+ years of playing IL-2, I've never experienced this...it sounds awful. I've had several computers and a number of different graphic cards, so as you mentioned, it may be something on your end.

Aviar
I've seen it happen on my computer only a couple times, when fighting against Spits, during a brief period when I was trying out mods. So I agree with Aviar, it's probably something on your end. In my case it was probably an unlucky combination of graphics cars/mod/enemy plane.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

I believe that the LOD's on a very few planes are not optimized, but in general, the issues that MaxGuns mentioned is not normal.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 06-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

Those were the days when I was running GeForce2 through GeForce5 at 1024x768. My term for it was "The Romulan Cloaking Device".
Perhaps my color depth didn't help.And yes, it was only some of us that had that problem and none of us was running anything like perfect settings.

I wonder how much hair was lost in Moscow over that?

There was a period in RB3D where my graphics card showed all planes cycling through different angles. Every plane looked like it was rolling and tumbling all the time. Then I got a Voodoo2 and it stopped. Mind you, 2 months of not having a clue which way the enemy was tilting their nose and wings really did sharpen my predictive skills.