Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa trucker View Post
you could, but how true would it be? I’m merely saying that american trucks are built with many designs, shapes, and sizes. 90% of what i‘ve seen with european trucks are cab-overs, and look pretty much the same. It wasn’t intended to insult anyone. It was just an observation.
you are correct about european trucks look the same but some of them look nice like man v8 class a thats a nice truck
Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

I didn’t say they didn’t look nice. Just that they look the same. Let’s move on now.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Nono, I didn't take it as an insult or anything, and that was not the intention of my post either. I am sure you think they look alike, and I have no problem with that, just as I assume you don't have a problem with me thinking US trucks look alike. The point is, I obviously see the difference between Euro trucks, walking among these every single day. I don't see US trucks very often, and when I do, it always looks like a US truck. I am sure you feel the same way, but opposite.

Register20: I like Russian trucks, they're pretty cool. I was in Estonia a couple of years ago, and saw Kamaz, GAZ and all the others. I wouldn't like to have to drive one daily, though .
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

VNfan: yea. but im not saying that i would drive it daily. they just look different from others they dont have much just the basics. THOSE TRUCKS LET YOU FEEL THE ROAD FUN FOR FIRST 1 - 3 HOURS

thats it no one actually works in trucking world?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-02-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

@Register20,
Please don't double post.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-02-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Registered Member

Have had cdl's since 1993.
Drove over the road from 1993 till 2000 when I started driving dump trucks because i wanted more home time.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, that seems to be the chief complaint for us married guys. When my wife was between jobs, she rode with me a lot, but when she went back to work, it put some stress on us.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Registered Member

mine occasionally rode with me when i would deliver my backhaul.

yea, it put a aweful stress on our marriage so i came off the road in 2000 and have never went back although with the lack of jobs in this area i may be forced to go back on the road.
dump truck jobs has dried up since the grading jobs have came to a crawl around here and i havent had any luck finding anything running local.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

If you can do it before marriage, or have a spouse willing to endure the OTR schedule short term, then it’s certainly the way to go to make good money in the shortest amount of time, and view your country as a tourist.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNfan View Post
Register20: I like Russian trucks, they're pretty cool. I was in Estonia a couple of years ago, and saw Kamaz, GAZ and all the others. I wouldn't like to have to drive one daily, though .
Hehe, cool to see that someone has visited Estonia. Was it business or pleasure ?
Don`t see much of those Russian trucks here anymore, but they do still move occasionally. And if they do you can smell it a kilometer away or see the smoke.
You are right about your roads, I did go to Norway with my father in summer 2010 (he hauls factory produced houses from Estonia to Norway). 110kph downhill and curves with a truck got my adrenaline pumping well Almost as scary as driving a bike 280kph.

But to stay in topic: planning to make a career change to become a trucker. Currently a car fleet manager (full service lease).

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-15-2011 at 05:15 PM.