Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Royal Quest

Royal Quest New massively multiplayer online role-playing game from creators of Space Rangers and King's Bounty

Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Royal Quest in Development

Today we are excited to announce the development of first massively multiplayer online role-playing game ever produced by 1C – Royal Quest. The developer of game is the studio well-known worldwide for their cult hit Space Rangers, and one of the most popular RPG series ever emerged from Russia, King’s Bounty.

The fantasy world of Royal Quest is called Aura. It’s a world full of magic, technology and alchemy. Aura is under imminent danger by dark alchemists who will kill to find the highly rare and precious Elenium mineral with its many unique features. The King has put out the call in search of courageous heroes to banish the invaders once and forever. As a reward he promises titles, castles and riches.

Royal Quest is scheduled for Spring 2012 release. More information about the game can be found at the game official website.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Oh great, you announce a follow-up to two of my favourite games ever, and it's a MMO.

Last edited by Nike-it; 10-22-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: obscene language
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

That actually looks surprisingly good. I can see a lot of influence from various games and books (Seems to be a bit of an Alice in Wonderland theme with it).

The combat, from those screenies, looked a little hack'n'slash - I presume it'll be "standard" MMO combat?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi View Post
Oh great, you announce a follow-up to two of my favourite games ever, and it's a freaking MMO.
Is that better? I used ****s, so I see no reason to edit it for "obscene language". Oh, now this post will get edited too, because there could be ANYTHING beneath those asterisks, and it COULD be obscene! That was a joke, FYI. I guess I'm just not used to this level of censorship.

I understand you're disappointed that the first post in your thread was negative. But I'm disappointed too. This is a developer known for their amazing single player games, and now they're wasting their time on an MMO that's destined to fail.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi View Post
Is that better? I used ****s, so I see no reason to edit it for "obscene language". Oh, now this post will get edited too, because there could be ANYTHING beneath those asterisks, and it COULD be obscene! That was a joke, FYI. I guess I'm just not used to this level of censorship.

I understand you're disappointed that the first post in your thread was negative. But I'm disappointed too. This is a developer known for their amazing single player games, and now they're wasting their time on an MMO that's destined to fail.
I can't say that I was disappointed by your post, but in any case using such expressions is strictly prohibited here.
We do understand that the announcement of MMO may be very unexpected, but I'm sure that guys from Katauri will again create fantastic game which will attract even more players.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

It's always interested with new MMOs.

Will there be a closed/public BETA?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
It's always interested with new MMOs.

Will there be a closed/public BETA?
It's too early to talk about Beta.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
It's too early to talk about Beta.
Riiiiight.... I read 2012 as 2011
Old 10-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Did you decided about payment model yet?

I hope it will be proper p2p game
Old 10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare911 View Post
Did you decided about payment model yet?

I hope it will be proper p2p game

We will talk about this closer to release. I think there will be various solutions depending on the market. Try selling a p2p game in China