Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare: 1242

Real Warfare: 1242 New historical RTS game

Old 10-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Out of memory leaks on 64 bit systems Fix!

Must admit I am jolly well enjoying this game as well as XIII Century Gold Edition.. other developers had better watch out especially when real warfare 2 comes along next year...
Any way... I hear people have various problems with memory leaks on 64 bit systems.. had the same problem on one of the total war games, and here is a similar fix that works.. Ive tried it, and can confirm it works on my system .. Windows 7 64 bit.
I stumbled on this purely by accident, so I joined the forums to let you chaps know of it.
Hope it might work for you chaps...Its very simple

For some reason, the game is coded in a way where it can only accept a maximum of 2Gb, although ironically it works just fine on a 32bits installation! The game suffers from memory leaks on a 64bits installation, which in turn causes the memory load to reach around 3.5GB! In order to fix this simple issue, follow these simple steps.. you can also download a 32 bit version from the site as well.

1 - Download CFF Explorer (http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php)
2 - Run CFF Explorer
3 - Click File -> Open
4 - Search for engine.exe in X:\Program Files\1C Company\Real Warfare 1242
Replace X:\ by the letter in which your game is currently installed in
5 - Once found, go to Nt Headers -> File Header
6 - You will now get the file headers of engine.exe. In there, search for 'Characteristics' (at the bottom) and click where it says 'Click here'
7 - A new window will pop up and all you have to do is make sure that "App can handle >2gb address space is CHECKED
8 - Apply the changes, then go to File -> Save
9 - Enjoy the game in 64bits!

Good luck
Brig

P.S. this works for XIII Century: Blood of Europe etc as well.

Last edited by Brigadier Graham; 10-10-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Thanks graham very useful. I think is better make this also for 32 systems if you have PC with more than 2 giga of RAM. Perhaps also the setting of machine type must be changed if you processor is not a intel 386 architecture
Old 10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Amazing Mr. Graham from TWC enjoying the game
Old 10-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody View Post
Amazing Mr. Graham from TWC enjoying the game
Yes old chap tis I indeed..do you log onto twc? I remember Empire Total War had a similar memory leak problem?

Anyway.. if any of the developers are looking.. well done on this game.. I have arrived late to this game... although some improvement could be made.. I think this rivals any of the Total War games in many aspects.. looking forward to the next release..Real Warfare 2.. if this game 1242 is anything to go by, we can expect something special.. a few points I would like to make...
I notice when archers notch an arrow.. the animation shows the bowstring being drawn back. excellent piece of work this..head shots etc.. all make for a brilliant game.. its small additions like that, that make these kinds of games for me.. keep it up..you will have a fan..
Anyway some of my wishes for the next game....
  • Face animation! is it possible devs.. slightly more animated faces?
    similar to Napoleon total war? eye movement, mouth, etc?
  • The Mini map and GUI.. just a little bright-works would be nice.
  • Unit chatter when stationary?
  • More music choices...possibly faction specific?

Unfortunately I still get the auto configuration every time I start the game.. anyway to fix this.?

I have small white lines in this distance on the grass on battle-maps! updated graphics card, directx etc. any way to resolve this?

Take no notice if there is a 2.2.4 patch on the way, which addresses these issues..any indication of when please chaps?

Thanks a lot chaps.. so far I have enjoyed immensely

Last edited by Brigadier Graham; 10-10-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier Graham View Post
Yes old chap tis I indeed..do you log onto twc? I remember Empire Total War had a similar memory leak problem?

Anyway.. if any of the developers are looking.. well done on this game.. I have arrived late to this game... although some improvement could be made.. I think this rivals any of the Total War games in many aspects.. looking forward to the next release..Real Warfare 2.. if this game 1242 is anything to go by, we can expect something special.. a few points I would like to make...
I notice when archers notch an arrow.. the animation shows the bowstring being drawn back. excellent piece of work this..head shots etc.. all make for a brilliant game.. its small additions like that, that make these kinds of games for me.. keep it up..you will have a fan..
Anyway some of my wishes for the next game....
  • Face animation! is it possible devs.. slightly more animated faces?
    similar to Napoleon total war? eye movement, mouth, etc?
  • The Mini map and GUI.. just a little bright-works would be nice.
  • Unit chatter when stationary?
  • More music choices.. possibly faction specific?

Unfortunately I still get the auto configuration every time I start the game.. anyway to fix this.?

I have small white lines in this distance on the grass on battle-maps! updated graphics card, directx etc. any way to resolve this?

Take no notice if there is a 2.2.4 patch on the way, which addresses these issues..any indication of when please chaps?

Thanks a lot chaps.. so far I have enjoyed immensely
Edit... I got the auto configuration problem solved.. all I did was run the game in compatibility mode, in my case I run the game in... Vista service pack 2. started the game.. auto configure.. exit the game and next time I clicked on the icon.. no ,more auto configuration.. quite happy.. the game is running very well.

Next to solve.. rendering on the grass in the distance.. has striped white horizontal lines in the distance..its not too noticeable.. perhaps I am too fussy? will try to solve it.. probably a driver issue.. possible it may directx?related
Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

The adding you propose is more matter of budget and time; unluckily they don't have the number of people and the budget of CA; perhaps if RW2 will sell well, we will see them.

I think that for the lines you must play around the graphical settings , to some people changing it work. Personally I play deactivanting the pseudo hdr. The light effects are great to see but in game I prefer the contrast of darker colours.

If you like to play multiplayer join our xfire group, me and Berto we are almost all the evening (21-23 CET) so when you want play you need only to ask.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
The adding you propose is more matter of budget and time; unluckily they don't have the number of people and the budget of CA; perhaps if RW2 will sell well, we will see them.

I think that for the lines you must play around the graphical settings , to some people changing it work. Personally I play deactivanting the pseudo hdr. The light effects are great to see but in game I prefer the contrast of darker colours.

If you like to play multiplayer join our xfire group, me and Berto we are almost all the evening (21-23 CET) so when you want play you need only to ask.
Well thanks old chap.. sound advice.. I will join xfire.. however I very rarely play in multi-player mode.. I might if I get some time...

As for real warfare 2.. I am looking forward to the release old boy.. certainly you will have a convert.
Adding the little touches as I ,mention is quite important in selling games these days, mores the pity... however the nice little touches with archers in Real warfare is fantastic.. none of the Total war games have that... so I do hope the developers build on this kind of extra content...it all makes for an exciting and stimulating experience.
Real warfare 2 should have no problems in attracting players who enjoy more historically accurate and proper strategy games...with the addition of campaign maps, well I think this is the way ahead.. I am tired of strategy games becoming too arcadish myself?

Last edited by Brigadier Graham; 10-10-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Yes old old chap, I log into TWC most of time, but I dont post much usually read topics, and I like your style of writing.

Cant wait for RW2, I started playing XIII century just a month ago, and the thing I like about it that is more simulation, Total war series going more arcadish, and every total war title since M2TW I search for mod to slow it down.

The things I wish to see in RW series in future are as following:
  • Some enhanced animations such as infantry charges, finishing & running in fear.
  • Sound enhancements.
  • Smooth camera movements.
  • More variety in faction units, and unique units for each faction.
  • More epic music.
  • For siege fighting (so far we saw just little) I hope there will be more than just trebechunts and siege towers.
As Mitra stated many changes required money and manpower, but some essiential points there shouldnt be ignored, the core of the game we have now is better then TW series in many aspects, just few small changes and the game will target much more audience.

I wish this game will sell more, so we can have better RW in future.

Regards
Old 10-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

They have in foresee new battle mechanics but because of time necessary of testing, they canno still release them: as far I know will be:

crossbowmen will move with the weapon loaded (now they load only when the enemy is in range)
a better effect of infantry charge in wedge formation (now is not much efficient only that of cavalry work well)
Friendly fire and difference between direct and indirect fire (when the enemy view is covered be other unit or obstacles)
Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier Graham View Post
however I very rarely play in multi-player mode.. I might if I get some time...
The multiplayer is great but it is also the damnation of game; is so greatly different from TW and difficult to learn that many TW players leave the games for that.