Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Default Problems with Gold Version on Steam

I bought the Gold version from Steam last Friday. Downloaded and played all the tutorial, English Campaign (Evesham and Falkirk) and started the Conwy mission and saved it. Now when I start the game it freezes at the initial start up picture (the one with the guy on the horse). Task Manager says the programme is not responding. I have downloaded it again, lowered the graphics settings althought it ran fine on ultra as I have a high spec machine. This has altered nothing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

You have download the patch 223?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Default Gold Version on Steam

Thanks Mitra. I thought Steam automatically applied the patch so it should be constantly updated. Is there a known bug with saved games at all?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewarrene View Post
Thanks Mitra. I thought Steam automatically applied the patch so it should be constantly updated. Is there a known bug with saved games at all?
Steam is always in retard with the patch because he need time modify the exe for force to be steam depending. Apply manually the patch 221.zip (remember also the zip with the enlgish translation) (you find the links on my section real warfare 1242, on totalgamesitalia). After have applied it the game will become steam free and you will can download the patchs from the game server.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Steam problem

OK - so I have patched the thing up - same problem. Actually the steam version is the fully patched version according to them. Is it likely to be a driver problem. Every other game I have works fine but my graphics card driver are quite old. Would this be likely to cause the problem anyone?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewarrene View Post
OK - so I have patched the thing up - same problem. Actually the steam version is the fully patched version according to them. Is it likely to be a driver problem. Every other game I have works fine but my graphics card driver are quite old. Would this be likely to cause the problem anyone?
THe steam version is not fully patched; they are stopped to 2.2.1 becuase they still not adapt the 2.2.3 to steam compatibility. Follow my suggestion install the manual version of patch:

http://www.totalgamesitalia.com/real....html#post3311

The first link is for the patch, the second for the english translation: you must make copy and past in the game directory. After this try to connect to game server and the patchs 222 (with the 223 at the same moment) will be installed.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Default Steam Problems

[/QUOTE]
After this try to connect to game server and the patchs 222 (with the 223 at the same moment) will be installed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. How do I connect to the game server if the game wont run in the first place? Is there a way around it?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Try with this: http://www.1cfiles.com/XIII_Century/...atch.2.2.3.exe
Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Default Steam Problems

OK - have tried everything. I have downloaded a fresh version of the game, installed the latest drivers, patched the game up to 2.2.1 and still the same problems. I manually installed the patch and the english patch as well but the game is not steam free. I tried to apply patch 2.2.3 but it said XIII Blood of Europe must be installed. I will try another steam trick and log on as administrator but that is about it. It just does the graphics configuration but stops before the game starts. Task Manager still says 'not responding'. If anyone experiences any similar problems let me know.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

If you applied the 2.2.1 from the manual zip, the game must be free from steam. See if a "update" file (exe or bin) appears in the main directory. If yes try to connect to game server, the download of 223 will start automatically.