Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Angry Release Date?!

Hi,

I"m waiting for the game till 2005 and it"s not still released in europe or america, but why??
WHY ONLY FOR RUSSIA???????????!!
I mean, you could make money with this game when you release it in other countries or continents and people who waited so long for the game could play it now.......why does it takes so lot time to release it in other countries?
I"ll go crazy when the game is not still released in march....I"m playing all time "king of the road"...
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubuntu_Man View Post
Hi,

I"m waiting for the game till 2005 and it"s not still released in europe or america, but why??
WHY ONLY FOR RUSSIA???????????!!
I mean, you could make money with this game when you release it in other countries or continents and people who waited so long for the game could play it now.......why does it takes so lot time to release it in other countries?
I"ll go crazy when the game is not still released in march....I"m playing all time "king of the road"...
English version will be released in March
Old 02-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
English version will be released in March
No, it is/was scheduled to be released before the end of March. But seeing as there has still been no announcement mentioning an exact release date I'm not very hopeful that the game will actually be released before the end of March. Unless you know something we don't.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

this is not normal, how they can schedule the release date every time to another date?? Correct me if I"m wrong, but what is so difficult to change the game into another language and the dialogues also to aanother language?
I mean, they have made the game and they know every little corner of this game, not like modder or somebody else.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubuntu_Man View Post
this is not normal, how they can schedule the release date every time to another date?? Correct me if I"m wrong, but what is so difficult to change the game into another language and the dialogues also to aanother language?
I mean, they have made the game and they know every little corner of this game, not like modder or somebody else.
I haven't really played the Russian version so I don't know how much dialogue there is, but from what I've read I get the impression that the storyline is pretty extensive and so I assume that there is quite a bit of dialogue. And I can imagine that translating dialogue to another language may take a lot longer than you would think. You have to book - and pay for - a proper studio, you have to hire voice actors to do the dialogue, and that's just the start.

What you should remember is we're no game developers, so we really have no clue what goes into making a game like RnR. It's always easy to complain
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
I haven't really played the Russian version so I don't know how much dialogue there is, but from what I've read I get the impression that the storyline is pretty extensive and so I assume that there is quite a bit of dialogue. And I can imagine that translating dialogue to another language may take a lot longer than you would think. You have to book - and pay for - a proper studio, you have to hire voice actors to do the dialogue, and that's just the start.

What you should remember is we're no game developers, so we really have no clue what goes into making a game like RnR. It's always easy to complain
All this is true. However, most companies/publishers have this portion of "planned marketing" already waiting in the wings, and ready to go. The French, and German publishers of games are very good at this with very little transition time. These companies/publishers are well aware of the higher English/International market to bring higher sales to the forefront. Let's face it.... We are the core of gamers. If you want to make money, we're willing to spend it (if it gets good unbiased reviews).

I would have even been thankful for a 60 min demo as discussed in other threads. A demo need not have to go through the marketing process, as it is only a demo.

In fairness to 1C, there may be more red tape involved getting games out of their country, and into the international market. Translation is not a difficult process. I know this, because I have spoken to developers from Kalypso, and BioWare publishing companies. They also agree that this is most likely marketing red tape.

I also feel confident that this game will NOT be out in March, because we do not have a date as of yet. So one can only assume that they have some other problems, and don't have the green light to go international. Companies this close to the release date would have already given us an exact date by now. So there marketing team needs much to be desired, if the latter is in fact the problem.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-15-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

Default new member, ex-70's trucker

have ALL 18 WOS....can't wait for Rig'n'Roll, the ULTIMATE trucking sim...
Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NWB View Post
me too...me too....
Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NWB View Post
HAHA!! This game is anything but a Simulator.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
HAHA!! This game is anything but a Simulator.

Yeh, for a start the clutch isn't really a clutch, it doesn't function like a clutch, the entire game is buggy.