Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-06-2023, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Hi taurasg,

Did you try my suggestions in the 4.15.1 Patch thread where you asked the same question?
Hi, JacksonsGhost
Yes, i have tried all. No effect.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurasg View Post
Hi, JacksonsGhost
Yes, i have tried all. No effect.
You might need someone more tech savvy than me to assist here.

However, below are some more basic things to consider, just in case you haven't already done so (however unlikely).

IL-2: 1946 doesn't like to play from the standard Programs folders in Windows 10. So, if "Programos" is your standard Windows 10 programs folder in your language, try creating an install in a custom folder and you might do better.

Did you install 4.15 before installing 4.15.1? I'm guessing you did, but if not, then that would be your problem.

Also, make sure you are installing the "Client" patch, not the "DS" patch, unless you are running a Dedicated Server.

You could also have a corrupted patch download at any stage, so make sure you test that the game starts after each patch is added. If it doesn't, try a fresh download of that patch (try the M4T one if you haven't already, and make sure you have no MODS activated when patching too).

If you have done all of that, and the fixes previously suggested in the other thread, all I can think of is trying a different sound wrapper option, or installing with no sound wrapper selected at all and see if that works.

It might also be that you must have a system with at least some kind of EAX capability to run 4.15. I'm not sure.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You might need someone more tech savvy than me to assist here.

However, below are some more basic things to consider, just in case you haven't already done so (however unlikely).

IL-2: 1946 doesn't like to play from the standard Programs folders in Windows 10. So, if "Programos" is your standard Windows 10 programs folder in your language, try creating an install in a custom folder and you might do better.

Did you install 4.15 before installing 4.15.1? I'm guessing you did, but if not, then that would be your problem.

Also, make sure you are installing the "Client" patch, not the "DS" patch, unless you are running a Dedicated Server.

You could also have a corrupted patch download at any stage, so make sure you test that the game starts after each patch is added. If it doesn't, try a fresh download of that patch (try the M4T one if you haven't already, and make sure you have no MODS activated when patching too).

If you have done all of that, and the fixes previously suggested in the other thread, all I can think of is trying a different sound wrapper option, or installing with no sound wrapper selected at all and see if that works.

It might also be that you must have a system with at least some kind of EAX capability to run 4.15. I'm not sure.
JacksonsGhost
Thanks for Your help, but reason is somewhere else.
Maybe reason the IL2 does not start, is that there is more "Java"s (eclipse temurin JDK)instaled om computer. I really don;t want to uninstall or reconfigure it, because there will be a hard and long "play" to make it work again.
Maybe it requires some windows components or services ?. I have lots disabled of them.
"Programos" is not "Program files" folder, i have tried all sound options; 15.1 installed over 15m; it shouldn't be server update. updated the working version 1.14.1. i still have a working copy of it.

FIXED added the path of IL2 folder/bin to the windows paths.

Last edited by taurasg; 01-11-2023 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Default The Artillery (URSS) Truck ZIS-5 25mm AA M1940 (URSS) is immortal

Run your 4.15.1m Client, creat a server, launch this mission:

[MAIN]
VERSION 4.15m
VERSION_NTRK 112
MAP Slovakia/load.ini
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
army 1
playerNum 0
[SEASON]
Year 1944
Month 8
Day 15
[WEATHER]
WindDirection 0.0
WindSpeed 0.0
Gust 0
Turbulence 0
[MDS]
MDS_Radar_SetRadarToAdvanceMode 0
MDS_Radar_RefreshInterval 0
MDS_Radar_DisableVectoring 0
MDS_Radar_EnableTowerCommunications 1
MDS_Radar_ShipsAsRadar 0
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MaxRange 100
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MinHeight 100
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MaxHeight 5000
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MaxRange 25
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MinHeight 0
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MaxHeight 2000
MDS_Radar_ScoutsAsRadar 0
MDS_Radar_ScoutRadar_MaxRange 2
MDS_Radar_ScoutRadar_DeltaHeight 1500
MDS_Radar_HideUnpopulatedAirstripsFromMinimap 0
MDS_Radar_ScoutGroundObjects_Alpha 5
MDS_Radar_ScoutCompleteRecon 0
MDS_Misc_DisableAIRadioChatter 0
MDS_Misc_DespawnAIPlanesAfterLanding 1
MDS_Misc_HidePlayersCountOnHomeBase 0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat1_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat2_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat3_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
[RespawnTime]
Bigship 1800
Ship 1800
Aeroanchored 1800
Artillery 1800
Searchlight 1800
[NStationary]
0_Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$ZIS5_AA 1 110200.00 52900.00 360.00 0.0 0 1 1
[Buildings]
[BornPlace]
2 3000 117029 47435 1 1000 200 0 0 0 5000 50 1 0 0 0 1 3.8 0 0 0 0 0
[BornPlace0]
Bf-109G-6_Late
[BornPlaceCountries0]
de
[Bridge]
[House]

You airstart above Zolna airbase (L5). The truck is in the middle of TriDuby airbase (L6-1).
Distance is less than 10 km. Head 315°. Slovakia map.

I don't know since when it's indestructible. It worked fine with the 4.13.4m. I never play with the 4.14m and 4.14.1m (DS incompatible with HyperLobby). Bugged with 4.15m too.

I don't try other artillery objects.
This one works fine:

0_Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$MaximeGAZ 1 110200.00 52900.00 360.00 0.0 0 1 1

Thanks for your loyalty to IL-2.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

This one is super old but, objects 169 and 170 won’t show when Forest=3 in the config file
Old 06-06-2023, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
This one is super old but, objects 169 and 170 won’t show when Forest=3 in the config file
Hi Fhechene!

Yes this bug is "super old", but it is also super annoying!

I'm no expert, but I think the trick to solving this bug might be analysing the code for the Full Mission Builder against the code for the Dev's Map Builder, and looking for differences in how they handle those specific objects. Those objects show up beautifully in the maps themselves when using Forest=3, but not in missions when the objects are added in the FMB.

I'm guessing the team probably don't have the source code for these things, or they probably would have done it already. The worst thing about this bug is that placing these objects using the FMB results in them being present in the mission as a destructive obstacle to the player aircraft, but they're just invisible! And that's a very explosive combination!

And given that these objects are the only way for the player to create tree lines for temperate missions, that's bad!
Old 06-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Fhechene!

Yes this bug is "super old", but it is also super annoying!

I'm no expert, but I think the trick to solving this bug might be analysing the code for the Full Mission Builder against the code for the Dev's Map Builder, and looking for differences in how they handle those specific objects. Those objects show up beautifully in the maps themselves when using Forest=3, but not in missions when the objects are added in the FMB.

I'm guessing the team probably don't have the source code for these things, or they probably would have done it already. The worst thing about this bug is that placing these objects using the FMB results in them being present in the mission as a destructive obstacle to the player aircraft, but they're just invisible! And that's a very explosive combination!

And given that these objects are the only way for the player to create tree lines for temperate missions, that's bad!

I always tought it had to do with a lack of a High Quality model for Forest=3 of those objects. If that's the case and the team is short on energy, I could even accept them using the same model for Forest=2
Old 06-21-2023, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Perhaps it's maybe something I've done, but since installing 4.15 and 4.15.1, I have seen that no matter whichever skin is selected for the P51/ Mustang, only the default version appears in the game, and selecting the Hs129 causes an immediate crash.

Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baznicholson View Post
Perhaps it's maybe something I've done, but since installing 4.15 and 4.15.1, I have seen that no matter whichever skin is selected for the P51/ Mustang, only the default version appears in the game, and selecting the Hs129 causes an immediate crash.

Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
I did a quick test in QMB with P-51D-20 and Hs 129B-2. Both tested fine with custom skins in stock 4.15.1.

However, there is a currently unresolved skins bug with certain aircraft and map combinations not working together in 4.15+, so it could be one of those.

If you can give me a specific aircraft subtype and a specific map that you are wanting to use together I can test to see if this is the problem.
Old 06-25-2023, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

On winter maps, the Finnish D.XXI(Both Series) have their wheel spats appear alongside their skis. This is probably the new QMB Dynamic 3D update causing this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230120220251_1.jpg (158.7 KB, 11 views)