Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Approved Member

Default Xiiic hd

Testing the possibilitys of XIII Century HD movies

http://www.vuze.com/details/NL3E5EV2...JUU742AVO.html

Last edited by Tomisama; 11-25-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

I have been having fun developing methods to use XII Century to create HD Machinima.

Because of the ability to turn off gameplay displays and unit selectors, it is near perfect for this.

There is one exception.

Is there any way keep the “Replay” corner tag from appearing in a replay?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

In the editor Tools=>Capture it is needed to take off mark with Capture GUI and an interface will not be taken off on video
Old 12-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Marian, I found the check box, but I am sorry I don’t understand the relationship between the editor and the game. I am not much of a programmer, my end being video production.

What I am doing now is playing battles with no unit indicators. Then running the replays and capturing the shots wanted with Fraps real-time video capture. The results are stunning 2560x1600 AVI video. These files can then be edited as video, to be presented on Vuze HD.

I am currently just developing the techniques, but am not far from writing up my first storyboard for a serious production effort.

It would be helpful to remove the corner “Replay” indicator, although I can hide that section with widescreen graphic band cover-ups. It just takes some of the picture away, which I am trying to avoid.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Relationship between an editor and game is direct, you can play the game through an editor.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
Thanks Marian, I found the check box, but I am sorry I don’t understand the relationship between the editor and the game. I am not much of a programmer, my end being video production.

What I am doing now is playing battles with no unit indicators. Then running the replays and capturing the shots wanted with Fraps real-time video capture. The results are stunning 2560x1600 AVI video. These files can then be edited as video, to be presented on Vuze HD.

I am currently just developing the techniques, but am not far from writing up my first storyboard for a serious production effort.

It would be helpful to remove the corner “Replay” indicator, although I can hide that section with widescreen graphic band cover-ups. It just takes some of the picture away, which I am trying to avoid.

Hi Tomi

You can open your replay with the editor using "open and pause", launching him with "test map". You can use to capture without gui the internal capture of editor which generate jpeg image with framerate, scale and the quality of capturing mode at your choice. The only thing i don't have understood is the parameter "Batch file".
Old 12-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Mitra!

Now I’ve gotten a little farther with this, and so far have found the following.

The Tools Capture GUI un-check removes the Replay tag from replays for the Start Capture process, but the Start Capture is only a one frame at a time snapshots.

Detailing all of the other possible combinations of the game, GUI, Editor, and Capture, or Fraps, is a bit too much work, although I did go through it all. The result being most important, and that is for me that in every case there was some kind of problem that limited what I wanted to achieve, or how I needed to achieve it.

In the end I am back at the beginning, and that’s ok. I have to be able to play the game with the GUI up, because unit indicators need to be off for the future recording, and the GUI can be turned off for the replay (except the Replay tag). I need to play the game first to concentrate on the action, later coming back to do the camera work from the best location to show that action most effectively.

I can loose the Replay tag in video editing, and it won’t impact the production that much. From my experience so far, I believe that there is possibly a way to use the Editor to create a video sequence, but I have to work in real-time, with the tools I am familiar with.

Hope to have something to show you soon

Thanks Again!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
I have to be able to play the game with the GUI up, because unit indicators need to be off for the future recording, and the GUI can be turned off for the replay (except the Replay tag).
I'm sorry, this was incorrect. The unit indicators are switchable the same as is the GUI, so they can be turned off for the replay, the same way they can in the game.

I must have left it on for one of my Fraps recordings, and thought otherwise
Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Hi Tomi

How proceed with your "Film"?