Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Default Our New Community Manager

It's a tough audience, but I think you'll all agree that this is the lady for the job. One video response from her and you'll be wishing you had that two week ban instead

Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

oh my gaad, i like have fingerrrs
Old 11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

True that Feathered....

A lot of "loctite" is being used around here....instead of banning.
Duct tape is only a temporary patch.
It seems the Cyrillic is on the wall.
It's the cold war....again. sigh.....
Old 11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Did anybody try the web site the end (www.crystalanne.org) ?

Crucial M4 256GB SSD, WD Raptor 600 GB hard disk
EVGA GTX580 graphics card
HP ZR24W Monitor 1900 X 1200 24"
Thrustmaster Warthog joystick
Saitek Combat rudder pedals
TrackIr 5
Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

bahahaha that was excellent,I reckon she'd do well around these parts.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Amazingly I once started talking to a girl that was better looking than her about flying out on a club a late night for some weird reason. I realized that she was really interested in flying AND even more flight simulators how amazingly weird it may sound. I have been able to use my IRL flying stories to impress girls with good success but this one wanted to talk simulators more which most girls (like the one in the clip) consider "geek stuff"... So, instead of the usual pick up line after the club closed of "do you want to come home to me for a cup of tea?" (whoever drinks tea at 4 AM?) I asked her if she wanted to come home and fly some Falcon 4 or whatever it may have been back then. And she actually did! (and more )

I've never told anyone else of it actually as none of my other friends share my passion for flight simulators and they would harass me for ages for a pick up line like that. But it worked It really sounds like a lie but I can assure you it's not.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
It's a tough audience, but I think you'll all agree that this is the lady for the job. One video response from her and you'll be wishing you had that two week ban instead

LOL, she is great. Some folks will go and pick up a rope and hang themselves instantly after seeing this vid Especially over at the ROF forums LOL.

Winger
Old 11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Amazingly I once started talking to a girl that was better looking than her about flying out on a club a late night for some weird reason. I realized that she was really interested in flying AND even more flight simulators how amazingly weird it may sound. I have been able to use my IRL flying stories to impress girls with good success but this one wanted to talk simulators more which most girls (like the one in the clip) consider "geek stuff"... So, instead of the usual pick up line after the club closed of "do you want to come home to me for a cup of tea?" (whoever drinks tea at 4 AM?) I asked her if she wanted to come home and fly some Falcon 4 or whatever it may have been back then. And she actually did! (and more )

I've never told anyone else of it actually as none of my other friends share my passion for flight simulators and they would harass me for ages for a pick up line like that. But it worked It really sounds like a lie but I can assure you it's not.
I bet she just digged you and wanted to get you in her bed . So she pretended to be interested like we do if we wanna get a hot chick into our bed eh?

Winger
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post

..this kinda begs the question: what happened afterwards?!

I wonder what's the story behind that video anyway, think it's brill lol

EDIT: for the record, I had a girlfriend that shared my passion for aviation, flying, simming and modelling, but believe me, it was a nightmare, simply cos women apply their way of being women to your passions as well, and in the end you feel deprived of your geek privacy! It sounds crazy I know, and many think that would be the perfect girl, but believe me, it isn't!

Last edited by Sternjaeger II; 11-30-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
..this kinda begs the question: what happened afterwards?!
Mmm, it ended where a normal "have a cup of tea at my place" would have ended too. One of my best flight sim related memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
EDIT: for the record, I had a girlfriend that shared my passion for aviation, flying, simming and modelling, but believe me, it was a nightmare, simply cos women apply their way of being women to your passions as well, and in the end you feel deprived of your geek privacy! It sounds crazy I know, and many think that would be the perfect girl, but believe me, it isn't!
He he, I think you have a point there. My wife now (not that sim girl in the story above ) at least understand that I like geek stuff and respect it as a valid interest after some years of campaigning against it as accepted hobbies for grown men...