Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Default man gets new lease on life, celebrates by collecting air-cooled Porsches

From Rennlist :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opo
I'm going to share with you guys how the ADDICTION began and with that hopefully I can answer everyones questions.
In 2009 I was diagnose with KIDNEY failure and got put on DIALYSIS right away, at that time I owned a 06 spyder gallardo, 99 Modena 360 and 09 997 TT, after not driving my cars for almost a year, cause when you have to do DIALYSIS 3 times a week you don't have the energy to do anything so I decided to sell them, on November 23rd of last year my 20 year old niece donated her KIDNEY to me and I had a KIDNEY transplant and instantly felt like a new man PRAISE THE LORD, so last Christmas I asked my WIFE what she wanted for Christmas and she told me she wanted a classic Porsche , so I bought her a 90 964 cab guards red with black interior, so guess WHAT? I started driving it and BANG! It was over! Fell in LOVE with it and the AIR COOLED bug HIT me , and now I have 4 with many more to come, as for my wife's cab, she told me that the stereo was not loud enough and that the A/C was not cold and on and on and on, so I sold it and got her 2011 750l M BMW and she was happy...
Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

1. I hope he asked his niece what she wanted first and not his wife, how ungrateful it would be if he had not.
2. Why, for the love of god, if being given a second chance at life did he not use his money for something meaningful that might actually help others who are not as well off as he is, so they might get a second chance?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
1. I hope he asked his niece what she wanted first and not his wife, how ungrateful it would be if he had not.
2. Why, for the love of god, if being given a second chance at life did he not use his money for something meaningful that might actually help others who are not as well off as he is, so they might get a second chance?
+1

My thoughts exactly, a large donation to one of the children's transplant organisations would have been more befitting

Although he does have a bit of an epiphany on page 3 of his thread.

"as for my niece, when she approach me and my wife and told us that she wanted to be the donor, we asked her, are you sure? She said uncle Rudy , the LORD spoke to me clearly and told me I was to do this, so YES I want to do it, and one more thing, I DON'T WANT NOTHING IN RETURN please, heck she wouldn't even let me pay for her GAS, she will drive 1 1/2 hrs one way for every DR visit, and I think there was a total of 10 visits for ALL the tests that had to be done , she has a BIG heart but if she ever needs anything I will be there for HER."

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 11-29-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
1. From the OP on Rennlist:

Quote:
as for my niece, when she approach me and my wife and told us that she wanted to be the donor, we asked her, are you sure? She said uncle Rudy , the LORD spoke to me clearly and told me I was to do this, so YES I want to do it, and one more thing, I DON'T WANT NOTHING IN RETURN please, heck she wouldn't even let me pay for her GAS, she will drive 1 1/2 hrs one way for every DR visit, and I think there was a total of 10 visits for ALL the tests that had to be done , she has a BIG heart but if she ever needs anything I will be there for HER.
2. Jobs are the best way to help others. Think about how many jobs are involved with maintaining and running a fleet of 15plus-year-old cars: mechanics, parts manufacturers, parts suppliers, oil and fuel producers, petrol stations, suppliers of car care products, insurance agent, dept of motor vehicles.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post

2. Jobs are the best way to help others. Think about how many jobs are involved with maintaining and running a fleet of 15plus-year-old cars: mechanics, parts manufacturers, parts suppliers, oil and fuel producers, petrol stations, suppliers of car care products, insurance agent, dept of motor vehicles.
You can't be serious?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

yep, frankly I don't get the whole thing, above all why not getting back the fantastic supercars he had before and swap them with a fleet of Beetles?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
...Beetles?

On a serious note, air cooled Porsches are the best.

Although I can't resist the passion for the Bertone from Alfa Romeo

Last edited by Sven; 11-29-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
You can't be serious?
Why not??
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post

On a serious note, air cooled Porsches are the best.

Although I can't resist the passion for the Bertone from Alfa Romeo
That's right baby, Alfa Romeo Brera here
Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post

Good for him, its his money he should do with it as he see's fit. As for all the occupy/freeloader crowd if you ever worked hard for your money. Bled and sweated your ass off for it. You would see things differently and I dont mean your minimum wage job that you leave after 6 hours of halfass work. I mean work 2 to 3 jobs and go to school in between and try to get ahead work your ass off and then get taxed so lazy chits can get a free ride on my dime. Rant over