Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabekm View Post
Updates to some aircraft armaments
+1 It would be great !
Quote:
SBD3/5
One 500 pound bomb and two 100 pound bombs
SBD-3

SBD-5

Quote:
B5N2
One 800 kg bomb

Quote:
Two 250 Kg bombs

Quote:
One 250 kg bomb and six 60 kg bombs

Quote:
Six 60 kg bombs

I have a pretty long list (with photo evidence) for new loadouts ! For example :

P-400
One 100-pound bomb

P-400
One 250-pound bomb

P-47
Fragmentation bombs
Old 01-02-2020, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Updates to some aircraft armaments

P-400
One 500 pound bomb
Two 100 pound bombs
+1 more to fix this and other P-39 versions with the US 500lb bomb fit. As documented in a previous thread, the P-400 was used by the USAAF with bombs at Guadalcanal. And the P-39N-1s and Q-1s were used by the USAAF on many strike missions in Italy, but currently we only have the very different looking Russian bombs as an option for those types. Considering that the P-39D models already have the US 500lb bomb option this would appear to be a relatively easy fix.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

agree ... it's look interesting)

Old 01-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
agree ... it's look interesting)
Nice !

For P-39Q
One 500-pound bomb

P-39Q
75-gal droptank
Old 01-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

I like the pictures. Don't know where you got them but very nice!!
Old 01-05-2020, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

Changing the weather on a server would be a nice touch, but how would they animate the clouds accumulating, would they just get bigger? Or a front moves in.
I find the wind kind of excessive, even at the lowest presets. and the turbulence when going below 100m, i don't think the planes were buffeted around like that, it does not look like it in Gun Cam footage were you can see other planes. They seem to be floating pretty steady. Slow Motion Steady.

Clouds as a object would be nice. It looks like they are in patches, like any other object. Stacking them would add too a cloudy sky, though they are only visible at a certain distance, like everything in il-2 1946, so fronts moving in, and mountains of clouds probably aren't going to happen.

Stacking, the ability to do that to some of not all object would be great, just for sand_bags around AAA on buildings. But you could stack some of those complexes and make a more modern looking city with taller buildings (you can only see from less than 5 miles away), so that would not really be for bombing, more a low level furball dogfight amongst the sky scrapers, maybe make some tunnels with building set on top of the pavements, making a nice roof for the tunnel. (The houses have no bottom I don't think).
(I also noticed you can twist object sideways, ie nose dive a battleship, and it will stay, (that is where it happened to me a few times, maybe a tank or two as well). Being able to do that with the hangers to build huge structures. Two wide four sides. and 8 high, you could fit a few of them in a 5-10 km radius. (Now that we have raisable artillery, we could set up a lot of no army AAA, (Do we have no army artillery, it's just blue or red right, add that to the list) if a plane rises above the level of the buildings, Please Hit Refly. (And you would need to be able to set the guns not to fire below it's level. That could make it interesting, drag a peruser just above the roofs and drop back in when the guns have figured out there is a target and have turned to fire.
I think it was BF, you could resize objects in their FMB, that would be good as well.

the usual speed adjustment for vehicles and armour, maybe some moving humans for airbases, just a few guys that walk around, stop, bend over, and then move on again. And assign ground crews to parked planes, use the same guys that the truck have, so when you go into staff, they all run out from under the plane and scatter. A guy that runs when the air raid siren is going, have him "land" at a AAA position or a cockpit of a plane that is just getting ready to start up. Guy in flight gear jumping from a jeep and running to a designated spot.

Automatic ambulances, if a plane crashes at the air base stationary Ambulances and fire truck race to the point of impact.

Train waypoints, so they can stop at the junction, and "unload", and leave in a time frame.

Cranes with cargo, and that you can have turn, those big ones would be real slow.

Attachable cameras for ground and sea objects.

Fireable artillery positions at airfields, that would be great online when there are many @base low, and maybe a few vehicles/tanks to drive around in, fire the guns of. I personally don't need a photo realistic interior, which I would assume would be the biggest pile of work to do at TD level quality, a generic one for all will do, as long as i can see half decently from inside and have a turret position I can drive from.

Better wings for the planes, (there is a scene in a RAF doc from the Solomons, "P-40's mission to Japanese base Pacific British" on uTube,

buddy flew a plane back 200 miles with the wing split up the middle, whole 1/3 of back end to the guns was gone, the gun belts hanging out, bent panels, you could see the Wing Strut, and another was just as bad. The planes are more like honeycombs than parts. That main frame wing strut connection is the strongest part of the plane.
If b-17's (or any bomber or fighter) were having their wings blown off like they do here they would have been scrapped. Pe-8 is the biggest disappointment as far as sturdiness, with the He-177 a very close second. (I had one of those actually break at every wing joint, inside out side the engines, and both sides of the body, it just crumbled from a 60-70m shot from a Spitfire. Pilot was pee'd, he just discoed, it was the second one that map for him that just broke apart from long shots. There was no satisfaction, and I apologized for the lame kill.

And the P-47 has a reputation you know. P-38's tail breaking seems unrealistic as well.

And planes blowing up, maybe a bit too much of that, localized explosions would be cool, I have seen that white flame go out and re_ignight, that looked awesome. On a ki-84 too, so very realistic, and satisfying. Maybe having a gas tank go, or a drop tank. Has anyone tested to see if shooting the bombs in a bomber sets them off, that happened enough that there are several shots of it happening or just happened. Also in that p_40 vid, they dropped their tanks and went back to shoot them. They don't show the second part, but that is what the narrator is saying is happening.

The skins, they can be actual photos stretched to fit the skins template, has anyone tried that, (using profiles from actual WarBirds so they are in colour), there must be hundreds of side and top shots of Mustangs Zeros and 109's. Not sure how that would look zoomed in from the cockpit view though. Should be alright, you are using high bit skins now anyways.

***One of those German AAA cars has a problem with height, seems like it is the most likely to be floating in the air when i re_open a mission in FMB. But i am not sure if they were left floating when I saved the mission, there are lots of objects in every mission, but when they are the only thing floating around a bunch of other tanks and artillery, I can't see how I missed them.

Cheers Happy New Years!
Old 01-05-2020, 02:17 AM
Approved Member

a good idea, would be to improve the cockpits of older aircraft, such as the cabins of the 109 or FW190, which look Horrible considering that it is one of the aircraft that is used the most.
OCZ ZX 1250w
ASUS GTX580 DCU II
HDD 4x500Gb Raid0 7200
Cooler Master V8
ZALMAN 6 FAN CONTROL
WARTHOG HOTAS
X52 Pro
TrackIR5
1920x1080HD LED PHILIPS
Old 01-06-2020, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Around new year I normally ask for some specific improvements.

This year I’m just thanking the Daidalos Team for giving us what they want to give us! After all, they are doing it for free aren't they?

I would really like to see the team make more use of established community mods and contributions in the official supported game though. There seems to be a lot out there that is already near official standard or better, but for some reason is ignored.

Oh ... and a flyable Beaufighter Mk. X would be nice ... I haven’t asked for that before!
Old 01-06-2020, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

It would be very much preferable to be able to change the armaments without going back to the main menu. Currently, if the mission fails, if you refly it, you must use the same load that the first attempt used, if you want to use a different load (bombs, rockets, whatever), you have to go back to the main menu and reload that pilot career.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:42 PM
AVG Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
all other stuff is DX8 or 7...
Holy lol. For sure whole game needs to be updated to DX9 standards at least. Many game companies are doing just that with there older games. Cheers.